Black cowboys were common in the Old West.

Bass is what I would refer to as a true legend , for his day and age he was a amazing man without question. Clearly a man of high caliber and ethics .
To me bass was a true old west hero and perhaps the most amazing law man to walk the old west.

Why don't something about him, his life is begging for a decent film.

Why don't something about him, his life is begging for a decent film.

Some say bass was the model for the lone ranger as he always traveled with a Indian in the Indian territory's , often used a disguise and was one tough hombre and a excellent shot.
Also bass preferred to bring his man in Alive . Bass couldn't even read but always got the right man on warrants . He even arrested his own son.

Guano thinks others don't know history , it appears we republicans can teach him about it.

5 African-American Cowboys Who Shaped the American West

When we think about the Wild West, most of us probably think about the scenes we've seen depicted in a John Wayne film. There's a noticeable lack of diversity in nearly every western film from the ranchers and cowhands to the villains. But in the real Old West, it's estimated that a quarter of all cowboys were African-American. Just check the history books.

The truth is, black people were just as present in Wild West Shows and skilled with roping steer as any white cowboy, so it's unfortunate that there is such a lack of representation in pop culture. One of the few depictions of black cowboys in Hollywood was in the miniseries, Lonesome Dove. Danny Glover's character, Deets, was based on a real cowboy named Bose Ikard. Ikard joined Charles Goodnight and Oliver Loving on their historic cattle drive back in the late 1800s.

Country singer-songwriter Dom Flemons' album Black Cowboys shares songs and stories of African-American cowboys.

"You have people coming from slavery and emancipation and then, through their hard work and perseverance, in spite of the obstacles they had, they were able to create a new social order that still influences us to this day," Flemons told NPR in 2019.

https://www.wideopencountry.com/black-cowboys-who-shaped-the-west/

natlove-01.jpg

It's funny how in an era when everything was whitewashed by Hollywood, leftists want to pretend that only the western genre fell victim to the habit, and gave audiences a particular misconception.

It's funny how in an era when everything was whitewashed by Hollywood, leftists want to pretend that only the western genre fell victim to the habit, and gave audiences a particular misconception.

Pretending is what leftists do.

The iconic image of the American cowboy is one of John Wayne riding out into the sunset.

Cowboys as portrayed in Hollywood were almost always gun-slinging heroes, and they almost always had another thing in common: They were white.

This is not how the West really was.

Really, the Western frontier in the late 1800s was as diverse as America is today, and maybe even more so.

Some people are familiar with vaqueros, or Mexican cowboys. But fewer know that many cowboys were black.

By the Smithsonian's count, 1 in 4 cowboys was black.

The forgotten history of the black cowboy is slowly being revealed through the work of historians, scholars and nonprofits. But some experts say black cowboy history still is not portrayed accurately, and still not being taught enough.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...lack-cowboys-were-common-old-west/3180296002/

The history of the American West has more literature on the role of blacks (cowboys, ranchers, farmers, women) than we could read in years.

I love old westerns! I've seen them all, and watch them over again sometimes.

And I still root for the Indians! LOL!

Seriously, Hollywood purposely made the Indians out to be the bad guys.

I'm pretty much thinking that the racist White Guys were the bad guys that stole the Indians land and tried to exterminate a whole race of people!

I love old westerns! I've seen them all, and watch them over again sometimes.

And I still root for the Indians! LOL!

Seriously, Hollywood purposely made the Indians out to be the bad guys.

I'm pretty much thinking that the racist White Guys were the bad guys that stole the Indians land and tried to exterminate a whole race of people!

Because that's what you've been conditioned to think, cupcake. :D

I'm pretty much thinking that you should give all your money and possessions (however skimpy) to the nearest Tribal Council and leave the country, unless you're bullshitting and virtue signalling.

No Sir. That is how your little numbskull works. Your mind has been conditioned by Hollywood portraying Indians out to be the gad guys!

You are just too ignorant to figure that out!

Uh hello, stupid? There's Indians and blacks that had cowboy (cracker) ancestors here.

And I'm here to tell you that whites, blacks, and Indians were anything but enemies here in the old days.

Now it was different in other parts of the country..some.

Back