Black cowboys were common in the Old West.

guno. LOL!

There were many south of St. Mary's river, too.
If they made it that far, they were considered free men. Ranchers would hire and protect them from slavers, townfolk were hostile to slavers as well.

Can't be true, just watch Blazing Saddles.

;)

Uh hello, stupid? There's Indians and blacks that had cowboy (cracker) ancestors here.

And I'm here to tell you that whites, blacks, and Indians were anything but enemies here in the old days.

Now it was different in other parts of the country..some.

You need to come back down to Earth! "EARTH TO MATT DILLON"- This is Houston! You're drifting into outer space!

I love old westerns! I've seen them all, and watch them over again sometimes.

And I still root for the Indians! LOL!

Seriously, Hollywood purposely made the Indians out to be the bad guys.

I'm pretty much thinking that the racist White Guys were the bad guys that stole the Indians land and tried to exterminate a whole race of people!

Many of those old Westerns were sympathetic to the Indians making the Indian agents and others the bad guy.

Start with The Squaw Man (1914).

This is what you claimed: "...leftists want to pretend that only the western genre fell victim to the habit, and gave audiences a particular misconception."

Why would they pretend this?

No idea, but, this particular talking point about old westerns has been around my entire life.

No idea, but, this particular talking point about old westerns has been around my entire life.

Yeah? I have never heard such a thing. Everyone knows that the entire Hollywood have been whitewashing movies of every genre. If anyone "pretends" otherwise, nobody is fooled.

But were people fooled?

A certain percentage of people are fooled by propaganda every time.

They didn't fool me because I've been told by older people how it actually was.

Ofc I had already seen a bunch of westerns up until that point, so I was fooled up until the olders told me how it really was.

Over 10 years old. I was fooled for several years by Hollywood!

This area is steeped in cattle drive history.

Apparently guno was fooled up until he saw something that prompted him to start this thread! LOL! :laugh:

Last edited:
Many of those old Westerns were sympathetic to the Indians making the Indian agents and others the bad guy.

Start with The Squaw Man (1914).

Yes, I particularly like the Man Called Horse movies, and a few others that actually were factual, and used the American Indian perspective!

In my opinion, America's natives are one of America's treasures. We never did enough, and we could still do a whole lot to help them advance!

Yes, I particularly like the Man Called Horse movies, and a few others that actually were factual, and used the American Indian perspective!

In my opinion, America's natives are one of America's treasures. We never did enough, and we could still do a whole lot to help them advance!

Are you even American, motherfucker?
Where you from, boy?

Are you even American, motherfucker?
Where you from, boy?

I am from Texas! And my Great Grandmother was a full blood Cherokee Indian!

So, Indians were some of my forefathers!

My American Indian blood is very important to me, and I am proud that it flows through my body!

Back