Boehner blinks!

Ah, thanks.

Readers Digest version: It sounds like that number is a combination of people choosing to pay the fines instead of buy health care and the fact that the SCOTUS decision allows states to opt out of including Medicaid with their health care for the poor.

Well, leaving it to the states sounds Constitutional to me and isnt Obama's fault. (Not that you directly said it was.)

Exactly...it was completely profit based and still will be. At least with the govt, it would be basic bureaucratic incompetence and bribery that would control it. As it is, we now have both. At least if there was a govt-only option, we'd be able to narrow things down a bit.

Heh, you make some good points.

I think our problem is we've been lead to a belief that someone else is responsible for our health bills.

Costs would have to come down if people were weaned into paying part of their own freight along the way. If you can afford an iPhone and cable tv every month, you can afford a doctor's office visit once a year.

If health insurance was truly insurance, it would be for major costs. Not routine "maintenance" costs.

Sometimes I see things like a blood test being billed to the lab for $500, and the insurance company allows the lab $50.

That's a place to start reforms. Labs, tests, procedures, etc., can't be billed to people w/o insurance at 10 times the rate that insurance companies settle for. Maybe I'm missing something, but that sounds like a simple fix.

Heh, you make some good points.

I think our problem is we've been lead to a belief that someone else is responsible for our health bills.

Costs would have to come down if people were weaned into paying part of their own freight along the way. If you can afford an iPhone and cable tv every month, you can afford a doctor's office visit once a year.

If health insurance was truly insurance, it would be for major costs. Not routine "maintenance" costs.

Sometimes I see things like a blood test being billed to the lab for $500, and the insurance company allows the lab $50.

That's a place to start reforms. Labs, tests, procedures, etc., can't be billed to people w/o insurance at 10 times the rate that insurance companies settle for. Maybe I'm missing something, but that sounds like a simple fix.

Pitifully stupid and uninformed but at least you are capable of recognizing the rip off private companies are pulling off on the people. Perhaps telling you over and over again that Canada can insure all our people better at half the cost per capita, is doing some good!

You fucking racist haters should never get into the details, you'll just talk yourselves into a corner every time. Remember that this is all about hating the black president, not anything to do with what even the R's knew needed fixing.

Pitifully stupid and uninformed but at least you are capable of recognizing the rip off private companies are pulling off on the people. Perhaps telling you over and over again that Canada can insure all our people better at half the cost per capita, is doing some good!

You fucking racist haters should never get into the details, you'll just talk yourselves into a corner every time. Remember that this is all about hating the black president, not anything to do with what even the R's knew needed fixing.

What one thing did he say in this post that would label him a racist, you are transparent when you label people like this.

Looks like we don't have to wait too much longer for this mess to be fixed...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/04/us/politics/debt-limit-impasse.html?_r=1&

This was weird:

"With the mood in Congress already unsettled by the bitter sparring over the fiscal standoff, the Capitol was shaken anew Thursday afternoon when a high-speed chase beginning near the White House ended near the Senate office complex with Capitol Police shooting the driver to death.

The sound of gunfire outside the Capitol forced at least five senators in the vicinity to take cover on their stomachs and led to a temporary lockdown of members of Congress and their staffs. The House and Senate adjourned for the day shortly after the incident as the shutdown extended into a third day"

Looks like things are getting way out of control!

Time to settle down folks!

This was weird: "With the mood in Congress already unsettled by the bitter sparring over the fiscal standoff, the Capitol was shaken anew Thursday afternoon when a high-speed chase beginning near the White House ended near the Senate office complex with Capitol Police shooting the driver to death. The sound of gunfire outside the Capitol forced at least five senators in the vicinity to take cover on their stomachs and led to a temporary lockdown of members of Congress and their staffs. The House and Senate adjourned for the day shortly after the incident as the shutdown extended into a third day" Looks like things are getting way out of control! Time to settle down folks!

When did that "high-speed chase" occur?

Back