Braving the Deep, Deadly South on a Bicycle

Cyclists should be subject to minimum speed laws. None of this 8 in a 25 or 12 in a 30 bullshit.

Bicycles are already banned from limited-access, high speed roads like Interstates (besides in some low-traffic parts of the midwest). I actually think this is stupid, because interstates have beautiful shoulders that we could ride on without interrupting traffic at all, but whatever. You got your wish. Non-limited access roads, however, are meant for both kinds of traffic. You always must look out for lower speed traffic such as cars that are just turning onto the road, for instance, and it's your responsibility to avoid them. Drivers who hit cyclists should go to prison for their negligence. A car who hits a bicyclists is a car driven by someone who doesn't pay attention and would've eventually hit someone else as well, take them off the road.

Last edited:
So you want all the benefits and none of the costs or responsibility.

Maybe you missed it, but I already shot down your lie about bike riders not paying their fair share.

Then again, you haven't had the spine required to read one of my posts in MONTHS now, so maybe you didn't know after all.

So you want all the benefits and none of the costs or responsibility.

A bike isn't dangerous like a car, why should we have to get a license? What the fuck are we going to do, give some negligent asshole a dent when our soft bodies crush against their two ton death machine? Bicyclists pose no danger on the road, the only place they pose a danger on is the sidewalk. Why should we require safety classes and a license to get on the road when we don't pose nearly the same level of danger that you assholes do?

99% of bikers also own a car as well - should you have to get an additional license for every car you own? As for insurance, again, what are we going to do, again? Give some negligent asshole who should be sent to prison a fucking dent? You insurance is in case you total someone's car or kill them, we're not going to do that, I promise you, unless maybe you force us onto sidewalks. Car drivers are entitled assholes who should be banned from the road. Bicyclists should be allowed to carry a bazooka on them at all times and blow up any asshole who doesn't pay attention.

A bike isn't dangerous like a car, why should we have to get a license? What the fuck are we going to do, give some negligent asshole a dent when our soft bodies crush against their two ton death machine? Bicyclists pose no danger on the road, the only place they pose a danger on is the sidewalk. Why should we require safety classes and a license to get on the road when we don't pose nearly the same level of danger that you assholes do?

99% of bikers also own a car as well - should you have to get an additional license for every car you own? As for insurance, again, what are we going to do, again? Give someone a fucking dent? You insurance is in case you total someone's car or kill them, we're not going to do that, I promise you, unless maybe you force us onto sidewalks. Car drivers are entitled assholes who should be banned from the road. Bicyclists should be allowed to carry a bazooka on them at all times and blow up any asshole who doesn't pay attention.

Back in the day when my wife still let me ride my motorcycle, I was astounded at how cheap the insurance was. The sales guy told me it was because if I hit anything, the only damage I'm going to do is to myself.

The most damage I can see a bike rider doing if involved in an accident with a car is if he flipped up over the hood and busted out the windshield.

Back in the day when my wife still let me ride my motorcycle, I was astounded at how cheap the insurance was. The sales guy told me it was because if I hit anything, the only damage I'm going to do is to myself.

The most damage I can see a bike rider doing if involved in an accident with a car is if he flipped up over the hood and busted out the windshield.

A motorcycle is at least going at 65 miles an hour. A bicyclist only poses a danger as a generic obstruction that drivers who are paying attention should avoid. There's no reason any money should ever be paid to anyone who got damage from hitting a cyclist.

A motorcycle is at least going at 65 miles an hour. A bicyclist only poses a danger as a generic obstruction that drivers who are paying attention should avoid. There's no reason any money should ever be paid to anyone who got damage from hitting a cyclist.

I rarely got mine out on the freeway, so I rarely got up to 65. In town driving was more like 20-45mph range.

My point was motorcycles don't do much damage when involved in an accident with a car and bicycles do even less.

I rarely got mine out on the freeway, so I rarely got up to 65. In town driving was more like 20-45mph range.

My point was motorcycles don't do much damage when involved in an accident with a car and bicycles do even less.

Yeah, I'm just pissed, I got worked up over Billy's trolling. Should've known better.

GoldenTrollFoE.jpg

You have trolled the troll, Billy. I have to give up my award.

100% serious. Bikes don't belong on the road. Bikers refuse to obey the laws of the road, don't pay for the road, and are a tucking hazard on the road.

Cars don't belong on roads. People who take dangerous death machines on the road should be sentenced to life in prison, or executed. We should toss a coin to figure out which one.

Cars don't belong on roads. People who take dangerous death machines on the road should be sentenced to life in prison, or executed. We should toss a coin to figure out which one.

If I had my way there would only be about 6 people allowed to drive, and I'd be 3 of them.

99% of bikers also own a car as well - should you have to get an additional license for every car you own? As for insurance, again, what are we going to do, again? Give some negligent asshole who should be sent to prison a fucking dent? You insurance is in case you total someone's car or kill them, we're not going to do that, I promise you, unless maybe you force us onto sidewalks. Car drivers are entitled assholes who should be banned from the road. Bicyclists should be allowed to carry a bazooka on them at all times and blow up any asshole who doesn't pay attention.

Do you even have a clue on how hard it is to try and wash all that blood and brain matter off a vehicle?
And then heaven forbid that they get under the car; because it's almost impossible to get rid of all it then. :palm:

Back