Bush booed as he throws inaugural pitch at Nationals home opener

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
On a happy note, Dubya threw a good pitch.

Bush booed as he throws inaugural pitch at Nationals home opener

RAW STORY

President Bush met with a mixed reception this evening as he threw the 2008 inaugural pitch at the new Nationals Park, built for the Washington Nationals baseball team.

With a quick introduction and a wave, Bush makes a high pitch to Nationals manager Manny Acta and proceeds to shake his hand. The boos reignite as Bush waves once more and exits.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Bush_booed_as_he_throws_inaugural_0330.html

Talk about a spin job. If you actually watch the video you do hear jeers and some boos but it is mostly cheering and applause. If anyone thinks that is actual booing I would venture to guess you've never been to an athletic event before.

Hmm I wonder hoaw many presidents got any noticible booing when throwing out the baseball ?

Bush deserves all the boos he gets and plenty more. A few spitballs and pies as well.

Talk about a spin job. If you actually watch the video you do hear jeers and some boos but it is mostly cheering and applause. If anyone thinks that is actual booing I would venture to guess you've never been to an athletic event before.

They need to pump up the volume like they did on Dean's scream!:cof1:

Hmm I wonder hoaw many presidents got any noticible booing when throwing out the baseball ?

Bush deserves all the boos he gets and plenty more. A few spitballs and pies as well.

Gee citizen, probably every one of them. You are at a freaking sporting event. People have boo'd Santa Claus and temporary paralized players at sporting events you don't think the President won't receive a few boo's?

Then again you don't follow sports so maybe that's why this is a surprise to you.

It sounded more to me that there was a group of people near the mic that booed, but couldn't even hold out more than 10 or so seconds. I doubt Bush even heard them, the only reason it was heard on the video was the proximity of the people booing to the microphone...

:dunno:

I was expecting a crowd full of boos, not boos overwhelmed by cheers.

It sounded more to me that there was a group of people near the mic that booed, but couldn't even hold out more than 10 or so seconds. I doubt Bush even heard them, the only reason it was heard on the video was the proximity of the people booing to the microphone...

:dunno:

I was expecting a crowd full of boos, not boos overwhelmed by cheers.

My guess is Cypress, Desh and Citizen have not been to to many major sporting events if they think that is booing.

I find the minimializing of this by the right wingers very entertaining and ohh so predictable.
Keep it up guys.

I find the minimializing of this by the right wingers very entertaining and ohh so predictable.
Keep it up guys.
It was pretty minimal anyway. As if news of Bush's unpopularity has just reached you or something....

:rolleyes:

I find the exaggeration of the actual event to be mundane and predictable. The only entertaining part is pointing out that even now with his massive 30% popularity, he is still not overwhelmed by boos and the lefties have to exaggerate...

Keep it up guys.

I find it entertaining that people who have no idea what booing at a sporting event really is are having an on board orgasm thinking Bush got boo'd. The dude has a 30% approval rating. That speaks for itself. Idiots like yourself who have never been a real sporting event trying to act like you know how fans act is what's funny.

Keep repeating the line though parrot. Go to a UK game against Louisville if you want to know what booing is.

I find it entertaining that people who have no idea what booing at a sporting event really is are having an on board orgasm thinking Bush got boo'd. The dude has a 30% approval rating. That speaks for itself. Idiots like yourself who have never been a real sporting event trying to act like you know how fans act is what's funny.

Keep repeating the line though parrot. Go to a UK game against Louisville if you want to know what booing is.

Umm and which team was Bush playing on ?

I have been to a UK/LVL game.

From what I have gathered on here it might depent on what news service you listened to it on.
I will see if it is on the PBS News Hour tonight. I watch very little MSM nooze.

From what I have gathered on here it might depent on what news service you listened to it on.
I will see if it is on the PBS News Hour tonight. I watch very little MSM nooze.

There's only one video. The game was shown by ESPN. This is the same video everyone is watching. Listen for yourself.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eProtMK3l4Q"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Back