Bush booed as he throws inaugural pitch at Nationals home opener

Jesus cawacko, this is the president of the United States, not barry bonds.

It sounded to me like half the stadium was booing. I've never heard of a president getting roundly booed at a baseball game, by more than a few cat callers.

You starting to sound like Dixie, with his "Hey, a 38% approval rating for bush really isn't that bad!"

Head, meet wall. Non sports fans obviously do not seem to know the difference between cheers and boos. I can't help you otherwise.

Head, meet wall. Non sports fans obviously do not seem to know the difference between cheers and boos. I can't help you otherwise.

Okay, if you want to hide your Bush worship, behind the alleged expertise of "real sports fans", carry on!

I've never heard a President booed like that at a sporting event.

Bill Clinton got boo'd at a Baltimore Orioles game while he was President and he had Cal Ripken walking him to the mound (the most popular Oriole player). I'm sure all the Presidents before that got boo'd at athletic events as well.

The day at Yankee Stadium right after 9/11 when Bush threw out the first pitch and was cheered real loudly was an anamoly. That was the emotion from 9/11. No President at a sporting event is free from drunk sports fans cat calls or jeers. That's a fact of life. There is no "respect the office of the Presidency" etiquette at athletic events.

Clinton was booed at a game ? that just proves that Republicans like baseball.

Back