Bush booed as he throws inaugural pitch at Nationals home opener

I'm an ex-pitcher so he was definitely off target. But for a guy in a jacket and more formal clothes to have to throw from a mound in front of 40,000 people with no warm-up it could have been a lot worse so I agree with you.

Well yeah, if it had been in the game it would have been a ball, I agree. But for an old man with no warm up from the middle of the mound, it wasn't bad. Stephen King didn't even make it to the plate, and he is younger than Bush.

Well yeah, if it had been in the game it would have been a ball, I agree. But for an old man with no warm up from the middle of the mound, it wasn't bad. Stephen King didn't even make it to the plate, and he is younger than Bush.

The announcers did give him props stating most Presidents stood in front of the mound attempting to make the throw.

chime in cawacko and damo in true republican apologist form with excuse after excuse.

I have to say Damo's theory on mic proximity was rather entertaining if nothing else.

He was clearly booed and it was more than just one or two people near the mic. You people will try to make excuses for anything.

chime in cawacko and damo in true republican apologist form with excuse after excuse.

I have to say Damo's theory on mic proximity was rather entertaining if nothing else.

He was clearly booed and it was more than just one or two people near the mic. You people will try to make excuses for anything.

Thank you make me repeat myself LadyT. There is no need to make excuses for Bush his 30% approval rating speaks for itself. I take it you are not a sports fan either are you? Ever been to a real sporting event? You are from New Jersey, you should know what booing is. (As an aside does being a political junkie mean one should have no knowledge of sports because that is what this board is like).

The appropriate phrasing should be you dislike Bush so much that you are able to make your mind think you are listening to boo's when it is really not.

As an aside, if you were Darla I would tell you fuck off for that little bitchy snide comment but since you are not I will tell Darla to fuck off.

Thank you make me repeat myself LadyT. There is no need to make excuses for Bush his 30% approval rating speaks for itself. I take it you are not a sports fan either are you? Ever been to a real sporting event? You are from New Jersey, you should know what booing is. (As an aside does being a political junkie mean one should have no knowledge of sports because that is what this board is like).

The appropriate phrasing should be you dislike Bush so much that you are able to make your mind think you are listening to boo's when it is really not.

Hittin' the bottle already cawacko?

#1) I haven't alluded to his approval rating, the topic at hand was Bush getting booed.

#2) Yes. I am a sports fan. I like real sports like figure skating and gymnastics and competitive spelling. Baseball is for losers.

#3) Why would my being from New Jersey have anything to do with me recognizing boos?

#4) Why did you go an drag Darla in to this?

Hittin' the bottle already cawacko?

#1) I haven't alluded to his approval rating, the topic at hand was Bush getting booed.

#2) Yes. I am a sports fan. I like real sports like figure skating and gymnastics and competitive spelling. Baseball is for losers.

#3) Why would my being from New Jersey have anything to do with me recognizing boos?

#4) Why did you go an drag Darla in to this?

You said I'm making excuses for Bush and that I always do. My point in stating his approval rating was me stating my understanding to you that he is not popular. Thus it would not be a surprise to hear him boo'd.

The reason I bring up sports such as football, basketball and baseball is that those on this board who are not fans of those sports or do not attend those type of sporting events may not recognize what booing really is which seems to be the case on this board.

I bring up New Jersey because East Coast fans are known for their passion in both cheering and booing their teams. The term a "Bronx Cheer" (which means booing) for example. Thus those who follow sports have heard East Coast fans boo. What they did to Bush was not booing.

Every now and then I must give Darla a shout-out.

You said I'm making excuses for Bush and that I always do. My point in stating his approval rating was me stating my understanding to you that he is not popular. Thus it would not be a surprise to hear him boo'd.

The reason I bring up sports such as football, basketball and baseball is that those on this board who are not fans of those sports or do not attend those type of sporting events may not recognize what booing really is which seems to be the case on this board.

I bring up New Jersey because East Coast fans are known for their passion in both cheering and booing their teams. The term a "Bronx Cheer" (which means booing) for example. Thus those who follow sports have heard East Coast fans boo. What they did to Bush was not booing.

Every now and then I must give Darla a shout-out.

Teams, fine, but booing the president who generally shows no biased for which team wins is still pretty pathetic.

I guess, I don't know much about sports, as I didn't realize loud booing and jeering was an east coast thing. I've always thought every sport had the same thing in it.

I too have to shout out Darla every now and then, "What up D?!"

Teams, fine, but booing the president who generally shows no biased for which team wins is still pretty pathetic.

I guess, I don't know much about sports, as I didn't realize loud booing and jeering was an east coast thing. I've always thought every sport had the same thing in it.

I too have to shout out Darla every now and then, "What up D?!"

People boo on the West Coast but it is no where near the passion seen on the East Coast. West Coast people tend to be more laid back most teams on the West Coast didn't come around until the '50's and '60's. Many East Coast teams have been around since the turn of the century and developed generation after generation of fan support within families.

Just an exapmple, Santa Claus made an appearance at a Philadelphia game and people not only boo'd Santa Claus but threw things at him. The Philadelphia Eagles used to have a jail cell in their stadium and a judge because fans are so out of control.

Going to a athletic event is a difference experience on the East Coast than the West Coast. It is through the East Coast fans that I've learned what real booing is (and they boo individual players just as much if not more than the teams) and what's in that video isn't real booing.

People boo on the West Coast but it is no where near the passion seen on the East Coast. West Coast people tend to be more laid back most teams on the West Coast didn't come around until the '50's and '60's. Many East Coast teams have been around since the turn of the century and developed generation after generation of fan support within families.

Just an exapmple, Santa Claus made an appearance at a Philadelphia game and people not only boo'd Santa Claus but threw things at him. The Philadelphia Eagles used to have a jail cell in their stadium and a judge because fans are so out of control.

Going to a athletic event is a difference experience on the East Coast than the West Coast. It is through the East Coast fans that I've learned what real booing is (and they boo individual players just as much if not more than the teams) and what's in that video isn't real booing.

The argument was never made that it was the most acerdic booing people have ever heard. It was however booing and I know its tough to remember, but he is the president and getting booed at an event like that says something.

The argument was never made that it was the most acerdic booing people have ever heard. It was however booing and I know its tough to remember, but he is the president and getting booed at an event like that says something.

Bill Clinton got boo'd at a Baltimore Orioles game while he was President and he had Cal Ripken walking him to the mound (the most popular Oriole player). I'm sure all the Presidents before that got boo'd at athletic events as well.

The day at Yankee Stadium right after 9/11 when Bush threw out the first pitch and was cheered real loudly was an anamoly. That was the emotion from 9/11. No President at a sporting event is free from drunk sports fans cat calls or jeers. That's a fact of life. There is no "respect the office of the Presidency" etiquette at athletic events.

Last edited:
Talk about a spin job. If you actually watch the video you do hear jeers and some boos but it is mostly cheering and applause. If anyone thinks that is actual booing I would venture to guess you've never been to an athletic event before.

Jesus cawacko, this is the president of the United States, not barry bonds.

It sounded to me like half the stadium was booing. I've never heard of a president getting roundly booed at a baseball game, by more than a few cat callers.

You starting to sound like Dixie, with his "Hey, a 38% approval rating for bush really isn't that bad!"

LOL

My point exactly. Bush apologists are coming out of the closet!

Back