bye bye atheism!

davidmabus

Verified User
nostrausa.awardspace.us

PULLING THE PLUG on atheism
3228845133_3599f8108f.jpg

firstscience.com/site/articles/coles.asp

Did your parents tell you there was a toothfairy? They lied.
Did your parents tell you there was a Santa Claus? They lied again.
Did your parents tell you there was an Easter Bunny? Lies.
But the one invisible being they told you about, god? Well that must be all true. Right?

Did your parents tell you there was a toothfairy? They lied.
Did your parents tell you there was a Santa Claus? They lied again.
Did your parents tell you there was an Easter Bunny? Lies.
But the one invisible being they told you about, god? Well that must be all true. Right?

My parents never taught me to believe in the Toothfairy, Mr. Claus, or Da Wabbit...

The God / No god argument was won a long time ago.

Its strange how such primitive superstitions remain in such a nation as the USA. Religious belief is usually predominant in third world nations where life is desperate and difficult.

I didn't call it a religion.
YOu called it a faith. As an atheist I do not do or not do things because I have faith there is no god. God, or a lack there of does not enter my mind EXCEPT when having discussions like this. I do not think to myself, "I am so glad there is no god so that I can commit this act." or "I can lie because there is no god." The lack of a god does not inhabit my mind like the faith that there is a god is in the minds of the religious. WWJD, He died for my sins, etc. Athiest don't think that way.

YOu called it a faith. As an atheist I do not do or not do things because I have faith there is no god. God, or a lack there of does not enter my mind EXCEPT when having discussions like this. I do not think to myself, "I am so glad there is no god so that I can commit this act." or "I can lie because there is no god." The lack of a god does not inhabit my mind like the faith that there is a god is in the minds of the religious. WWJD, He died for my sins, etc. Athiest don't think that way.
LOL. I know it bugs people to think that, but it is much like calling Buddhism a faith. We don't worry about gods, yet it is a "religion" because they meet regularly, speak to morality, and have marriages, etc.

However, there are currently in the US "congregations" of atheists who hold all the trappings of religion. There was a big show about them on the tube just a week or so ago. It was fascinating. Weddings, etc. They even talk about how their morality is soooo much better than the God Believers' morality during their "congregations"...

That is flat a religion now. Just because you, like many Christians, don't show up to the meetings doesn't change that... :D

Only if you used it as a basis to get married, gather, and promote a morality with it.

Making a big think of a marriage, or gathering together to discuss a problem (religion) are not defining factors of a religion.

And atheists don't have one single morality.

Only if you used it as a basis to get married, gather, and promote a morality with it.

Making a big think of a marriage, or gathering together to discuss a problem (religion) are not defining factors of a religion.

And atheists don't have one single morality.
You'll have to go to one of their services, join the congregation and offer that up during it as an argument as to why they shouldn't do that. Maybe you'll get to see a wedding!

You'll have to go to one of their services, join the congregation and offer that up during it as an argument as to why they shouldn't do that. Maybe you'll get to see a wedding!

You are missing my point.

Gathering together for a purpose doesn't make it religious. Even if that purpose is to discuss religion.

Holding a wedding isn't innately religious, nor is holding any ceremony.

The defining part of a religion is the belief in some supernatural entity or force.

You are missing my point.

Gathering together for a purpose doesn't make it religious. Even if that purpose is to discuss religion.

Holding a wedding isn't innately religious, nor is holding any ceremony.

The defining part of a religion is the belief in some supernatural entity or force.
You are missing my point, they "congregate" regularly (They are actually called 'Congregations' rather than churches) to preach morality based in Atheism and have ceremonies that relate specifically to their Faith.

That is a religion, it is the same criteria used to say that Theravada Buddhism is a religion even though there is no teaching whatsoever about "gods" or any supernatural being that relates to Theravada Buddhism.

Back