bye bye atheism!

No, atheists do not. I have no idea what you are talking about.

If we were to make a church, what would we do? Make fun of religious people all the time? That's only fun to a point.
Hey, watermark. Some do. You might not like it, but some do, they perform marriages in their "Congregations", they actually have a leader who preaches humanist morality and other things...

The reality is, some people most definitely do treat it as, and participate in it as, a religion. I've made this point before, I'll make it again, and it is very real.

You said you believe in karma as a literal force. It would have to be supernatural.

Wait, are you Theravada?
That is me, not all Buddhists. When I said that I made it clear that Theravada Buddhism doesn't cover this at all and that they were my personal beliefs.

What part of that is difficult for you to understand?

That is me, not all Buddhists. When I said that I made it clear that Theravada Buddhism doesn't cover this at all and that they were my personal beliefs.

What part of that is difficult for you to understand?

I guess people assume when you say your part of a religion, that you will believe the teachings of the religion, not some stuff you made up on your own.

I guess people assume when you say your part of a religion, that you will believe the teachings of the religion, not some stuff you made up on your own.
Why?

Everybody believes stuff they make up on their own. Some just try to make the stuff they believe fit within the framework of a dogma.

Theravada Buddhism doesn't have a dogma. You get to believe what you figure out for yourself. Even the Buddha says that believing in something because some Priest tells you is foolish, you need to use the brain that you have.

Why?

Everybody believes stuff they make up on their own. Some just try to make the stuff they believe fit within the framework of a dogma.

Theravada Buddhism doesn't have a dogma. You get to believe what you figure out for yourself. Even the Buddha says that believing in something because some Priest tells you is foolish, you need to use the brain that you have.

Fine, religions are not fixed beliefs. They are malleable according to whimsy.

does buddhism espouse some kind of interhuman morality, like how you should relate to others, etc?
Buddhism teaches a path to a state of mind that is the unvoiced goal of most people through introspection and right action. It takes many years to fully understand Buddhism, especially for those in Western society, expecting to be able to get it on a bumpersticker because that is what you want wastes both your time and mine.

Buddhism teaches a path to a state of mind that is the unvoiced goal of most people through introspection and right action. It takes many years to fully understand Buddhism, especially for those in Western society, expecting to be able to get it on a bumpersticker because that is what you want wastes both your time and mine.

Bullshit. don't be such a haughty fuck.

1. Right View

Right view is the beginning and the end of the path, it simply means to see and to understand things as they really are and to realise the Four Noble Truth. As such, right view is the cognitive aspect of wisdom. It means to see things through, to grasp the impermanent and imperfect nature of worldly objects and ideas, and to understand the law of karma and karmic conditioning. Right view is not necessarily an intellectual capacity, just as wisdom is not just a matter of intelligence. Instead, right view is attained, sustained, and enhanced through all capacities of mind. It begins with the intuitive insight that all beings are subject to suffering and it ends with complete understanding of the true nature of all things. Since our view of the world forms our thoughts and our actions, right view yields right thoughts and right actions.

Damo, your refusal to admit the totalitarian power of fiat currency, the stated goals of the central bankers to control the entire world, and the freely observable creeping internationalist fascism, keeps your from achieving step one of the eight fold path. seeing things as they are.

anyway. sorry about my belligerent fucking tone this good friday.
I've often wondered what was so good about it, they took a rabbi and nailed him to a cross for performing miracles on the Sabbath. It's almost like celebrating and calling it "Good Friday" because they are killing that Lebanese dude today after convicting him of "Sorcery"...

I've often wondered what was so good about it, they took a rabbi and nailed him to a cross for performing miracles on the Sabbath. It's almost like celebrating and calling it "Good Friday" because they are killing that Lebanese dude today after convicting him of "Sorcery"...
Obviously whoever called it Good Friday had never been nailed to a tree after having been whipped, crowned with a thorn of crowns and then nailed to a tree. If he had I think he would have called it AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Friday.

Back