bye bye atheism!

God made beer and breasts, and this alone should be evidence enough that he loves y'all very much. Do you want him to wipe the drool off your chin too?

I didn't say he COULDN'T interfere, I only said he doesn't have to. There is nothing to interpret in Jesus forseeing his betrayal and his denial, and he is so precise with that it can only be seen as knowledge of the future. And your interpretation of Jeremiah is a far greater reach than is mine.
Your use of the word "precise" is curious. I can think of other ways for the Scriptures to have been fulfilled then the precise order of events that made up His life on Earth.

Your use of the word "precise" is curious. I can think of other ways for the Scriptures to have been fulfilled then the precise order of events that made up His life on Earth.
I don't care, all I know is that the bible shows that god is omniscient and with that omniscience comes the ability to see into the future.

I don't care, all I know is that the bible shows that god is omniscient and with that omniscience comes the ability to see into the future.
Yet He gives us free will anyway. I guess He likes a surprise once in a while.

Do you thing God planned WW2? Or 9-11?

Yet He gives us free will anyway. I guess He likes a surprise once in a while.

Do you thing God planned WW2? Or 9-11?
First off, I don't believe in god. I think the whole thing is a good thought experiment, but to say that your god is limited in his omniscience and cannot see the future is to make him non-godlike. In the realm of our discussion I do not think god planned WWII or 9-11, but I believe a god like that would KNOW about them and leave man to deal with it.

First off, I don't believe in god. I think the whole thing is a good thought experiment, but to say that your god is limited in his omniscience and cannot see the future is to make him non-godlike. In the realm of our discussion I do not think god planned WWII or 9-11, but I believe a god like that would KNOW about them and leave man to deal with it.

Thank God.

You don't get it, no matter how bad my three year old disobeyed me I would not condemn them to an equivilent of hell. As for the free will argument, it doesn't matter if Adam or Eve had free will, God, if he is omniscient and omnipresent KNEW that Adam and Eve would use their free will to disobey him, at the very moment he planted the tree. Unless you believers want to tell me that God cannot see into the future.

and you don't get it....the only ones who end up in hell are the ones who choose to do so....

If God is omniscient and didn't plan WW2 and 9-11 then how was He supposed to know about them happening in the future? The only explanation is that He didn't know about them, because man has free will.

If God is omniscient and didn't plan WW2 and 9-11 then how was He supposed to know about them happening in the future? The only explanation is that He didn't know about them, because man has free will.

Wrong. God can know but not interfere. Again, knowing and not doing anything about it makes him a malevolent god.

Wrong. God can know but not interfere. Again, knowing and not doing anything about it makes him a malevolent god.

That's the deists' view, which is incorrect. Think about it logically. How could God know an exact event 1000 years into the future when everything in the universe is connected? One small change at one point can change the course of the future. A butterfly flaps its wings...

Back