bye bye atheism!

All definitions of religion involve some form of supernatural force.

It is just a gathering. By your definition schools are religious; places where people congregate to pass on information. They have ceremonies in schools. From the movie Grease I know you have pep rallies in the US.

Last edited:

It is just a gathering. By your definition schools are religious; places where people congregate to pass on information. They have ceremonies in schools. From the movie Grease I know you have pep rallies in the US.
Untrue, there is no "supernatural" force in Theravada Buddhism. You are mistaken in your understanding of this philosophy and like all Western people tend to mix it up with Tibetan Buddhism and think it's all the same.

Untrue, there is no "supernatural" force in Theravada Buddhism. You are mistaken in your understanding of this philosophy and like all Western people tend to mix it up with Tibetan Buddhism and think it's all the same.

Then Theravada Buddhism is not a religion but a philosophical perspective.

We didn't have pep rallies at my high school. Remember, Grease was supposed to depict the 50s. I'm sure they still go on in schools that are really big into sports...

does anyone else find it amusing that the guy denying atheism is a religion calls himself an atheist missionary?......

Missionaries don't have to be religious.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...snum=0&ct=broad-revision&cd=2&ved=0CDQQ1QIoAQ

A missionary is someone who brings a message to people.

Religious stuff innately has to have some supernatural element...

religion

• noun 1 the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. 2 a particular system of faith and worship. 3 a pursuit or interest followed with devotion.

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/orexxligion?view=uk

Religious stuff innately has to have some supernatural element...

religion

• noun 1 the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. 2 a particular system of faith and worship. 3 a pursuit or interest followed with devotion.

if it innately has to have a supernatural element, why are there two other definitions of "religion" which don't have a supernatural element....two definitions which clearly would apply to atheism, by the way......

if it innately has to have a supernatural element, why are there two other definitions of "religion" which don't have a supernatural element....two definitions which clearly would apply to atheism, by the way......

There is no worship or devotion in atheism.

There is only faith inasmuch as no knowledge can be absolute.

LOL. I know it bugs people to think that, but it is much like calling Buddhism a faith. We don't worry about gods, yet it is a "religion" because they meet regularly, speak to morality, and have marriages, etc.

However, there are currently in the US "congregations" of atheists who hold all the trappings of religion. There was a big show about them on the tube just a week or so ago. It was fascinating. Weddings, etc. They even talk about how their morality is soooo much better than the God Believers' morality during their "congregations"...

That is flat a religion now. Just because you, like many Christians, don't show up to the meetings doesn't change that... :D

Where was that?

Back