Calling All New Yorkers

I don't know about that! The Laurentians have some great slopes, and you can also do X-country pretty much everywhere. :)

I think we were leaving it to the US. There are a lot of great places to ski in Canada. But none top CO and UT.

Disclaimer... I am a tad biased. :)

where's that?

oh and how ya' been?

North of Montreal.

Busy, busy, busy!!! I have to leave again in a few minutes, but wanted to check in and see how everyone is. Congrats to Jarod and his wife!

SF, there are some phenomenal spots in Alberta for skiing! That's about directly north of Colorado. It would be a lot easier for me to go to CO these days, though. It's OK to be a little biased sometimes. :)

North of Montreal.

Busy, busy, busy!!! I have to leave again in a few minutes, but wanted to check in and see how everyone is. Congrats to Jarod and his wife!

SF, there are some phenomenal spots in Alberta for skiing! That's about directly north of Colorado. It would be a lot easier for me to go to CO these days, though. It's OK to be a little biased sometimes. :)

yeah, I would love to do some heli skiing up in Alberta (or over by Whistler for that matter). I agree there are certainly some quality spots up nort' der hey. But it is hard to pry myself away from CO during ski season. Why fly when it is a short drive away. :D

yeah, I would love to do some heli skiing up in Alberta (or over by Whistler for that matter). I agree there are certainly some quality spots up nort' der hey. But it is hard to pry myself away from CO during ski season. Why fly when it is a short drive away. :D

That's a good point. Flying blows these days. I just can't get away at all; we're in the middle of a project and I'm in here 7 days a week, though for far less time on the w/e. There's an important dog meet in Greely in April and I probably won't even be able to make that.

That's a good point. Flying blows these days. I just can't get away at all; we're in the middle of a project and I'm in here 7 days a week, though for far less time on the w/e. There's an important dog meet in Greely in April and I probably won't even be able to make that.

Too bad. You never want to miss an opportunity to come to CO. But work first. Hopefully the project is fruitful.

If it makes you feel better, I will ski a run at Beaver Creek for you this weekend. (unless I go to Copper instead) ;)

I wish my boyfriend like to ski more. I think its pretty fun. I've only been to the poconos which people say is like the worst runs in the country. There's a lot of ice.

They haven't been to Illinois. ;) Cross country is ok, but they play at their man-made downhills. We're flat, not as flat as Indiana, but flat.

The Austrian Alps blow Colorado away completely.

That depends on the year. The Europeans haven't been getting good snow the last few years. Or so they tell us when they visit. That said, several years ago the reverse was true. I haven't skied over there, so I really can't make a comparison.

That depends on the year. The Europeans haven't been getting good snow the last few years. Or so they tell us when they visit. That said, several years ago the reverse was true. I haven't skied over there, so I really can't make a comparison.
They don't need snow. My best experience was skiing on a glacier near the Austrian / Swiss border that was 1300m deep. It wasn't real powdery, but it was wide open and 10+ miles long.

They don't need snow. My best experience was skiing on a glacier near the Austrian / Swiss border that was 1300m deep. It wasn't real powdery, but it was wide open and 10+ miles long.

That would be interesting to be sure.... but nothing beats knee deep powder on a double VW run.

Back