Can't wait for a hurricane!

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
There may be a decent chance mass gets a pretty chilltastic hurricane soon. Man I have been dying for an awesome hurrican for 20 years, ever since hurricane bob came when i was like 6 years old.

Unlike prole states, mass can get hit by a hurricane and be fine. We get to enjoy the spledid wonder of nature. I seriously may drink a beer while watching (and hoping) for some trees to fall down. I WANT IT ALL BABY.

Good thing I am not a dumbfuck retard that lives below sea level.

:indeed: <---- massachusetts in hurricanes

:derp: <----- the south in hurricanes

Be careful what you wish for. A minor hurricane can be cool. A big one can be ugly as hell.

There may be a decent chance mass gets a pretty chilltastic hurricane soon. Man I have been dying for an awesome hurrican for 20 years, ever since hurricane bob came when i was like 6 years old.

Unlike prole states, mass can get hit by a hurricane and be fine. We get to enjoy the spledid wonder of nature. I seriously may drink a beer while watching (and hoping) for some trees to fall down. I WANT IT ALL BABY.

Good thing I am not a dumbfuck retard that lives below sea level.

:indeed: <---- massachusetts in hurricanes

:derp: <----- the south in hurricanes

Having survived two near misses and a direct hit by a tornado I can say "Be carefule what you ask for."

We get wind storms periodically in the NW. Particularly ones in 1993 and 2007, which left me without power for 3 and 5 days, respectively. The last one left some people without power for two weeks, and everyone on my cul-de-sac woke up to find we were "treed in," as there were downed trees accross the rode in both directions. They can be kind of fun, and losing power for a day or two is also fun (gets really old by day 5, though). I would imagine that anything calculated as an official hurricane would suck really badly, though, as it would be astronomical compared to a NW hurricane.

We don't have hurricanes in Ohio. We do have tornados though. To describe what a tornado is like, to use an anology. It's kinda like when 3D took 3rd grade math when he was 17, intense, terrifying but soon over with.

Having worked in the aftermath of many hurricanes, I can safely say "Be careful what you ask for". The tophat guy is cool, but he won't survive a serious hurricane.

Having survived two near misses and a direct hit by a tornado I can say "Be carefule what you ask for."

I have had lightning literally strike 5 feet from my house, literally.... (LITERALLY) exploding a tree into about 10,000 pieces where if anyone was outside at the time it happened they would have been dead, one piece about the size of your fist hit an exterior wall and we had to get the whole physical wall replaced because it punched a giant motherfucking hole in it, and the lightning traveled down the roots of the tree while carving out a 2ft deep ditch that was 15 feet long into our basement where it exploded our water heater, flooded the basement, and set fire to our house.

It was awesome.

We get wind storms periodically in the NW. Particularly ones in 1993 and 2007, which left me without power for 3 and 5 days, respectively. The last one left some people without power for two weeks, and everyone on my cul-de-sac woke up to find we were "treed in," as there were downed trees accross the rode in both directions. They can be kind of fun, and losing power for a day or two is also fun (gets really old by day 5, though). I would imagine that anything calculated as an official hurricane would suck really badly, though, as it would be astronomical compared to a NW hurricane.

I was there for the 93 ones. Good times. I slept downstairs in a sleeping bag because I was terrified a tree would fall through the roof and kill me.

Wind storms were serious business. I remember they had to close school a few times because of all the shit that fell down.

I have had lightning literally strike 5 feet from my house, literally.... (LITERALLY) exploding a tree into about 10,000 pieces where if anyone was outside at the time it happened they would have been dead, one piece about the size of your fist hit an exterior wall and we had to get the whole physical wall replaced because it punched a giant motherfucking hole in it, and the lightning traveled down the roots of the tree while carving out a 2ft deep ditch that was 15 feet long into our basement where it exploded our water heater, flooded the basement, and set fire to our house.

It was awesome.
Oh man.....could you imagine a meter reader being in the back yard at that time and getting lit up like a Christmas Tree?

Yup. we havn't had a good storm here in twenty years.

I am not so optimistic though, I doubt this one will hit either.

My power was knocked out for three weeks after hurricane Katrina, and every square inch of our property was covered in felled trees and debris that took two weeks of working dawn till dusk to clean up.

It was awesome.

The other day my neighbors tree exploded from a lightning strike, and almost immediately afterward lighting struck our shed, burnt it down, and we lost about 20-30k worth of equipment. I am rather disastered out at this point.

Back