Can't wait for a hurricane!

I was there for the 93 ones. Good times. I slept downstairs in a sleeping bag because I was terrified a tree would fall through the roof and kill me.

Wind storms were serious business. I remember they had to close school a few times because of all the shit that fell down.

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I got hit head on by Hurricane Katrina?

We get wind storms periodically in the NW. Particularly ones in 1993 and 2007, which left me without power for 3 and 5 days, respectively. The last one left some people without power for two weeks, and everyone on my cul-de-sac woke up to find we were "treed in," as there were downed trees accross the rode in both directions. They can be kind of fun, and losing power for a day or two is also fun (gets really old by day 5, though). I would imagine that anything calculated as an official hurricane would suck really badly, though, as it would be astronomical compared to a NW hurricane.

"Treed in"? Geez, nobody in the WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD had any way to remove a fallen tree?!?! I expect to be "treed in"...I have a gallon of premix for my chainsaw if needed and can drag large pieces clear with my truck. Not a problem.

so obviously nothing happened. We are all fine. Power went out for a few hours.

Once again, mass rules.

They are actually sending fema up here, LOL I guess they think we are proles like new orleans or something. What a waste of time. they wont even be here till tuesday and by then we'll all be whistling while walking down the street.

:indeed: <-- Mass

Once again, mass rules.

They are actually sending fema up here, LOL I guess they think we are proles like new orleans or something. What a waste of time. they wont even be here till tuesday and by then we'll all be whistling while walking down the street.

This storm was pretty much a dud. I have a bunch of branches down (expected), my driveway in impassable without 4WD due to mud (expected), the power is out (expected). My dog spent an hour or so sleeping in the front yard at the height of rain & wind (unexpected) until I saw him when I went to check the generator and dragged hium inside. My dog, for the record, is nuts.

we had 60 mile winds in NC and a bunch of trees blocking a lot of roads. That's about it Few inches of rain as well

Once again, mass rules.

Congratulations, you survived nothing of note. Tomorrow are you going to post about how you're expecting moderate snow this winter?

ever hear of a nor'easter?

yeah we get blizzards too. The only reason people die in storms in detroit is because half your population is homeless.

We regularly have winds stronger than your storm where I live. Shoot, we regularly have gusts above 100 MPH where I live.

We still don't have electricity. It could be a few days to a week, so yurt will be bored.

I am posting from the library which has very limited hours.

Storm damage was disapointing as usual.

Once again, mass rules.

We get hit by hurricanes stronger than that every year. We have storms stronger than what happened to Fagachusettes.

We get hit by hurricanes stronger than that every year. We have storms stronger than what happened to Fagachusettes.

Watermark, your manliness is not in question. I have no doubt that in a week Grind will boast about how he triumphed over a hang nail.

Back