Can't wait for a hurricane!

"Treed in"? Geez, nobody in the WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD had any way to remove a fallen tree?!?! I expect to be "treed in"...I have a gallon of premix for my chainsaw if needed and can drag large pieces clear with my truck. Not a problem.

Well, naturally, people had to get to work. Once the problem was confirmed, that we couldn't drive out either end of the road, everyone grabbed whatever cutting tool they could get their hands on, and we cut open a lane of traffic. We severed the tree, and then someone managed to get a 4x4 around to the other side and drag the debris to the side behind the other half. It wasted a bit of time, however, during which we were all treed in.

We had steady winds of around 125 MPH for hours in my area when I was hit by Hurricane Katrina.

Yeah, I was talking to Grind. Your storm is about the level of our biggest gusts, truth to tell I know hurricanes are pretty much the worst weather possible, however tropical storms.. not so much. Add a snowstorm with wind gusting at 120 MPH and you'll get what it is like when we're in a blizzard out on the plains. Winds are considerably less in the city, but we have to get 125 MPH roofing or we can't get insurance where we live.

nobody cares. you live in a prole state. it's your fault for being a prole and living in hurricane central.
2a0ca-Good_Good_Let_the_Butt_hurt_flow_through.jpg

since when did we all start defending mississippi? are the prole states trying to stick together these days?

The swimming pool overflowed and created a flash flood that cracked a flower pot. Somewhere along the Cape Fear next to the Atlantic. It was so bad it took me almost 3 minutes to skim the pool for debris.

Politics is a bit different than talking about horrific natural disasters that your local area has been hit by.

Not for the democrats. It is a way to step on the nerves of Americans to try and get them to allow Congress to spend more money. Not to mention Big Sis trying to dictate over everyones lives.

Back