Car question

Cancel7

Banned
I'm buying a new car this month, which I haven't done in years. I have a 2000 something (I forget which exact year but very early 2000's) Maxima which i have always loved, but it's really time for it to go now. I never gave any thought to cars and this is the same car that I got as a Christmas gift years ago. I would probably still keep it except that having to go to so many business functions now, I have to admit i have started to give more thought to what my car indicates.

However I'm still me, and so I am really leaning towards the third generation Prius. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions about that? I remember that Ornot bought a Prius but I never asked him if he was happy with it. Maybe someone else here has one.

I'm buying a new car this month, which I haven't done in years. I have a 2000 something (I forget which exact year but very early 2000's) Maxima which i have always loved, but it's really time for it to go now. I never gave any thought to cars and this is the same car that I got as a Christmas gift years ago. I would probably still keep it except that having to go to so many business functions now, I have to admit i have started to give more thought to what my car indicates.

However I'm still me, and so I am really leaning towards the third generation Prius. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions about that? I remember that Ornot bought a Prius but I never asked him if he was happy with it. Maybe someone else here has one.

You should buy a Caddy.
That way your pimp has a nice ride, to take you to all those "business functions". :pke:

You should buy a Caddy.
That way your pimp has a nice ride, to take you to all those "business functions". :pke:

Is that what your "wife" drives Freedom?

I remember all those things you said about her. I hope things have settled down. She can't help her past.

Anyway, other than the trailer trash, I'll check back later if anyone with anything to actually say has posted.

If you want to make a statement to those your driving on your business trip the prius will do it. Don't expect it to be a good economic decision though.
If your looking for smug factor, Prius has the highest number.

If you want to make a statement to those your driving on your business trip the prius will do it. Don't expect it to be a good economic decision though.
If your looking for smug factor, Prius has the highest number.

The smug factor? lol.

why do you say not to expect it to be a good economic decision Top?

Is that what your "wife" drives Freedom?

I remember all those things you said about her. I hope things have settled down. She can't help her past.

Now that's the Darla that everyone knows and "loves".
I see that the lies just roll of your tongue; because I've never said a word to you about my wife.
But then, it's obvious that your envy is what drives you; seeing as how someone actually married me and you, on the other hand, have always just been a Bridesmaid and are still an old maid.

Did you learn to be a whore, from your mother??
And is that why you still live in her basement, so that you two can utilize the mother/daughter team??

By the way, what does the bank have to say about you turning in all those quarters (two bits)?

read reviews, I'm an alt energy dork when it comes to cars. Prius buyers readily admit that making the statement "I'm saving the world" is the main factor for buying.
A 4 door civic is a better riding car that get 35mpg on the hwy and cost under 5,000 less. You'll never pay for the difference in gas.
It's a fine car, but not better than a thousands less camry.

read reviews, I'm an alt energy dork when it comes to cars. Prius buyers readily admit that making the statement "I'm saving the world" is the main factor for buying.
A 4 door civic is a better riding car that get 35mpg on the hwy and cost under 5,000 less. You'll never pay for the difference in gas.
It's a fine car, but not better than a thousands less camry.

Okay, actually I have read that about the mileage. I'm going to test drive this week, so I will drive a couple of non-hybrids too. It's a good point.

they do ride good, I almost bought the first gen which I drove.
I'd say if you can keep the difference under $3,500 for a comparable non hybrid such as Camry or Accord then it's a good economic decision.

Obviously you want to "make a statement" yet you haven't given us enough information to know what that statement is. Complete this sentence:

"When people see this car I want them to think _________. "

With regards to the hybrid thing, unless you do almost exclusively city driving you're better off investing your money somewhere else. When they do finally come up with a plug-in option the economics will change a bit but not much.

I think Topspins advice is sound. But look at VW too. They have made some big progress in mpg and reliability.

Google Consumer Reports and surf through their car comparisons. They give a lot of good info and do a lot more research than you will be able to do.

Obviously you want to "make a statement" yet you haven't given us enough information to know what that statement is. Complete this sentence:

"When people see this car I want them to think _________. "

With regards to the hybrid thing, unless you do almost exclusively city driving you're better off investing your money somewhere else. When they do finally come up with a plug-in option the economics will change a bit but not much.

No, not a statement. It's just that it's better to have a new car in my situation.

I think Topspins advice is sound. But look at VW too. They have made some big progress in mpg and reliability.

Google Consumer Reports and surf through their car comparisons. They give a lot of good info and do a lot more research than you will be able to do.

LOL. That is such a man thing. I am much more of a gut buyer. If I was going to go non-hybrid I would lean towards the Acura. Anyway it'll be a couple of weeks, I don't want to be impulsive. And after I test drive a few and think about it, and maybe do a tiny bit of this boring research, I will let you guys know what I get.

Darla, now that you're coining it in, sod all the environmental stuff and go for something with 2 seats and a top speed of 200mph.

Darla, now that you're coining it in, sod all the environmental stuff and go for something with 2 seats and a top speed of 200mph.

LOL. Well, I can afford the monthly payments anyway. Anything else might be an overstatement.

But don't think I'm not attracted to a red two seater convertable. I guess Top is right about my Prius motivations; there is some smugness about me Charver!

A little "I'm better than you, you polluting, littering, thoughtless, selfish, consumerist!"

LOL. That is such a man thing. I am much more of a gut buyer. If I was going to go non-hybrid I would lean towards the Acura. Anyway it'll be a couple of weeks, I don't want to be impulsive. And after I test drive a few and think about it, and maybe do a tiny bit of this boring research, I will let you guys know what I get.

A man thing? lol

I thought a man thing would be buying a huge SUV you don't need and adding $5k in aftermarket goodies to impress your friends.

Consumer Reports is good clear data without commercial bias. Look it up and at least browse a few charts so you don't buy a lemon.

A man thing? lol

I thought a man thing would be buying a huge SUV you don't need and adding $5k in aftermarket goodies to impress your friends.

Consumer Reports is good clear data without commercial bias. Look it up and at least browse a few charts so you don't buy a lemon.

I will. I did with the Prius already, which is still rated as, by far, the best Hybrid on the market.

Go nuts and buy a Tesla. That way you get the cool fast car plus no gas or emmissions at all.

$110k last I checked.

Back