Cat Scratch Fever...

And someone told me libertarians were not all over the place politically.
Somehow you didn't notice my relief at finding out he was indeed a republican. I feel better. I know I am a republican too, but I associate far more with libertarians. I feared that he was a libertarian. I am grateful he is just one of the few that still support Bush.

lets see.... Dixie Chicks say they're ashamed of Bush and his policies and they get banned and their cds burned
Pearl Jam says, "George Bush, leave this world alone!," and AT&T edits it

But wacko Nugent threatens, in a round about way, to kill Obama and he's cheered!

Somethings wrong here.

lets see.... Dixie Chicks say they're ashamed of Bush and his policies and they get banned and their cds burned

But wacko Nugent threatens, in a round about way, to kill Obama and he's cheered!

Somethings wrong here.

Agreed.

Somethings wrong here.
Where were the Dixie Chicks "banned"? I know many people didn't play them on the radio, but where was the official "banning" decree? I know they played them on other radio stations, what happened to them for violating the "ban"?

Geeez..............

figures....

He is probably trying to become a secret agent man like Elvis did...

Leave poor Elvis outta this(let him rest in peace) all he did was shake his hips and kiss the girls...his music was pretty good too...at least one could understand the lyrics...!

The Dixie Chicks.....

Where were the Dixie Chicks "banned"? I know many people didn't play them on the radio, but where was the official "banning" decree? I know they played them on other radio stations, what happened to them for violating the "ban"?

are frauds from day one...they failed in 'Rock and Roll' so went country way after it was cool...they are soo boring...who cares!

Somethings wrong here.

Ok, if your fanbase is a bunch of Republican goofballs, then trashing thier favorite man might not be a good idea if you want to sell records to them. These people are artists, not politicians. If they want to get involved politically, they should expect album sales to be impacted by their stance. Nuge is a controversial guy, and loves to be the guy people hate. His fans already know that, so they cheer him when he does things like that.

Hello? They were banned from numerous radio stations.

What did you need to see to make it "official"? A tape recording again?

are frauds from day one...they failed in 'Rock and Roll' so went country way after it was cool...they are soo boring...who cares!

What is funny about republicans is they will convince themselves of a lie just to justify hating someone. They started in Bluegrass, and I don't see many 'rock' artists placing in fiddle championships, or winning bluegrass competitions for best band in the second year of their career.

Huh.............

What is funny about republicans is they will convince themselves of a lie just to justify hating someone. They started in Bluegrass, and I don't see many 'rock' artists placing in fiddle championships, or winning bluegrass competitions for best band in the second year of their career.

surely you jest Dixie Chicks were 'Bluegrass' lol...they started in R&R then tried Blue and moved to Country...gimmee a break!

Dixie Chicks axed by Clear Channel
Jacksonville Business Journal - March 18, 2003
by Michael Fitzgerald
Country music's No. 1 act, The Dixie Chicks, have been pulled from radio playlists thanks to a remark singer Natalie Maines made in London last week.

I guess nugent cant be banned because he gets no airplay anymore.

Somethings wrong here.

lol

Excellent point. Where's the outrage?

surely you jest Dixie Chicks were 'Bluegrass' lol...they started in R&R then tried Blue and moved to Country...gimmee a break!

Give it up BB. You can't just make it true because some country redneck told you so.

Their first album was 'Thank heaven for Dale Evans'. Sounds pretty Rock 'n Roll to me... yeah! It had two instrumentals on there where they basically showed off how multi-talented they were. Playing fiddles, banjos, dobros, mandolins, and guitars. You're telling me, that their very first album was 'rock 'n roll'? The Dixie Chicks are one of the best, most talented artists to have come out of the country/bluegrass scene and you hate them because they are ashamed Bush come from Texas.

Wake up...Bison breath....

Give it up BB. You can't just make it true because some country redneck told you so.

Their first album was 'Thank heaven for Dale Evans'. Sounds pretty Rock 'n Roll to me... yeah! It had two instrumentals on there where they basically showed off how multi-talented they were. Playing fiddles, banjos, dobros, mandolins, and guitars. You're telling me, that their very first album was 'rock 'n roll'? The Dixie Chicks are one of the best, most talented artists to have come out of the country/bluegrass scene and you hate them because they are ashamed Bush come from Texas.

I did not say their 'first album' was R&R I said they started out in R&R and failed via the bar senario...then moved on to Blue and Country...you are the epitemy of apologist for a mediocre group...be gone DEE DEE! Albeit I did like DeeDee of the 'Dick and DeeDee' fame...'Mountains High' is a fav song of mine!

Okay smart ass..........

"The Cowboy Lives Forever" is the very first song on their very first album.... yeah!!!!! Rock 'n Roll man!

since you want to claim you know so much...what did The group leader of the 'Comstock Cowboys' start out in...Country or R&R when it was cool...Like in Happy Days...this should be a fun question...try Google for starter...however I must warn ya I know them!

Ahhh, it's obvious you can't admit to being wrong. Let's pour some more salt on that wound.

Emily learned to play the banjo at age 11. Her sister plays the violen. Her, and her sister, starting in 1983, toured with Blue Night Express which was a teeange bluegrass group. So if they started in Rock 'n roll, they would have had to be 10 years old or younger.

Wow what a hypocrite. He was on Howard Stern a month or 2 ago crying because someone said something rhetorical about shooting nugent. Nugent was whining and saying the guy should be in prison.

Back