Cat Scratch Fever...

since you want to claim you know so much...what did The group leader of the 'Comstock Cowboys' start out in...Country or R&R when it was cool...Like in Happy Days...this should be a fun question...try Google for starter...however I must warn ya I know them!

I don't claim to know shit about the 'Comstock Cowboys'. In fact i think I've pretty much just been discussing the Dixie Chicks, nice try to change the subject however.

So did Elvis...........

Ahhh, it's obvious you can't admit to being wrong. Let's pour some more salt on that wound.

Emily learned to play the banjo at age 11. Her sister plays the violen. Her, and her sister, starting in 1983, toured with Blue Night Express which was a teeange bluegrass group. So if they started in Rock 'n roll, they would have had to be 10 years old or younger.

what is your point...they are kids...Bison Breath...way after my and R&R time..what is with the ten year old comment?...Ya lost dude give it up!

Wow what a hypocrite. He was on Howard Stern a month or 2 ago crying because someone said something rhetorical about shooting nugent. Nugent was whining and saying the guy should be in prison.

Oh yeah, that's right! I forgot about that, good point.

We were discussing transition periods...

I don't claim to know shit about the 'Comstock Cowboys'. In fact i think I've pretty much just been discussing the Dixie Chicks, nice try to change the subject however.

I countered with a equal tranistion period before your time...things have not changed only the players...grow up ya don't own the world... what is now in music was tried long before ya were a sperm...deal with it!

See: www.comstockcowboys.com ya will see what my point was...things are not always as they appear...***sigh***

Last edited:
Hello? They were banned from numerous radio stations.

What did you need to see to make it "official"? A tape recording again?
I always consider a "ban" to be a law. It isn't banned if a privately owned company decides not to play it, it is if that privately owned company cannot play it because it is against the law.

Just as when Barnes & Noble decides not to carry a book it isn't "censorship", it would be censorship if it were against the law for Barnes & Noble to carry the book.

Dixie Chicks axed by Clear Channel
Jacksonville Business Journal - March 18, 2003
by Michael Fitzgerald
Country music's No. 1 act, The Dixie Chicks, have been pulled from radio playlists thanks to a remark singer Natalie Maines made in London last week.

I guess nugent cant be banned because he gets no airplay anymore.
Pretty much.

This isn't a "ban" though. If they stop playing any music at all is it a ban, or is it a choice? Had they been disallowed to play it because it was illegal it is a 'ban'. I notice the story was more accurate, they 'pulled' it.

I will tell you, their newest album they put out is the best sound they have ever had. I thought they stunk.

LOL.............

I will tell you, their newest album they put out is the best sound they have ever had. I thought they stunk.

Damn damo, I thought ya were running for office...I am the blunt one for the most part...but I called the 'Dixie Chicks' medicore...ya said they stunk...! Ya are on a roll...kudos!

what is your point...they are kids...Bison Breath...way after my and R&R time..what is with the ten year old comment?...Ya lost dude give it up!

Your claim that they started in Rock n' Roll and stunk so gave that up and did country is false. They've been doing bluegrass since they were 11 years old, their first album was bluegrass, and the albums after that were still bluegrass/country. If they started in rock, they would have had to do that when they were 10 because from age 11 to 22 they were doing bluegrass and hit it big when they were about 18 years old.

What do you consider rock 'n' roll of theres. Maybe you would have 'won' this if you had provided some sort of facts rather than just saying something false.

I countered with a equal tranistion period before your time...things have not changed only the players...grow up ya don't own the world... what is now in music was tried long before ya were a sperm...deal with it!

See: www.comstockcowboys.com ya will see what my point was...things are not always as they appear...***sigh***

Countered? What arguement did you counter? I'm not claiming to be an expert in the genre of bluegrass/country, I am telling you what I know about the Dixie Chicks because what you said is false. I never indicated that the Chicks were ahead of their time, or were first to try something, I said they did not start in Rock n' Roll. What you are trying to do is ignore the false accusation you made by pointing out something else you said that you right on. But I never argued against that point. It was a nice try but doesn't work.

Oh.. and I may not own the world, but I own you!

I've liked their music since high school. They happen to be the first concert I have ever went to. I didn't hear of them until my buddy dragged me to the county fair where they were playing. That was in '96. They put on a great show, and though I was not a country fan, they really impressed me. I started buying their albums. When I was in high school i went through that whole discovery process of trying to 'know' my favorite bands and artists. I was in everything from the Chicks, to Marilyn Manson (who was from my hometown so lots of rumors were floating around about his younger life). Turned into a music freak (meaning you couldn't pin me on one genre) and now-a-days im into the whole techno thing, but still can appreciate a good country/rock/hip-hop/pop/bluegrass song when I hear it. Actually, I tryed getting into that whole remix thing and making new beats to a lot of different songs, but never really had time to get good.

I've liked their music since high school. They happen to be the first concert I have ever went to. I didn't hear of them until my buddy dragged me to the county fair where they were playing. That was in '96. They put on a great show, and though I was not a country fan, they really impressed me. I started buying their albums. When I was in high school i went through that whole discovery process of trying to 'know' my favorite bands and artists. I was in everything from the Chicks, to Marilyn Manson (who was from my hometown so lots of rumors were floating around about his younger life). Turned into a music freak (meaning you couldn't pin me on one genre) and now-a-days im into the whole techno thing, but still can appreciate a good country/rock/hip-hop/pop/bluegrass song when I hear it. Actually, I tryed getting into that whole remix thing and making new beats to a lot of different songs, but never really had time to get good.
Seriously, I liked their release of that I'm not Sorry song, it was a great sound, they finally got their harmony down. I love well done harmony, they just didn't have it for their first few albums. The radio station here was all over how great they were before they hit it big and played them all the fricking time, I did not like it. They annoyed me like Big & Rich do now.

'You don't own me'...............Leslie Gore

Countered? What arguement did you counter? I'm not claiming to be an expert in the genre of bluegrass/country, I am telling you what I know about the Dixie Chicks because what you said is false. I never indicated that the Chicks were ahead of their time, or were first to try something, I said they did not start in Rock n' Roll. What you are trying to do is ignore the false accusation you made by pointing out something else you said that you right on. But I never argued against that point. It was a nice try but doesn't work.

Oh.. and I may not own the world, but I own you!

However I will concede...you were correct I was wrong I got it assbackward...they went to R&R after their fallout with Country..my bad!

I always consider a "ban" to be a law. It isn't banned if a privately owned company decides not to play it, it is if that privately owned company cannot play it because it is against the law.

Just as when Barnes & Noble decides not to carry a book it isn't "censorship", it would be censorship if it were against the law for Barnes & Noble to carry the book.

So... using this logic from the Dixie Chick's debate... A&E has not banned the guy from the show, they simply have decided not to have him on the show.

Back