APP - censure

Why would you believe that somebody deserves censure for an outburst during a speech?

public civility?

however, if someone made an outburst from the gallery, they would be ejected

and i asked what are the rules of the congress

normally, i am a supporter of the first amendment, but such comments should be restricted to their own speech or an after comment

however, subsequently, the author has apologized so the point may be moot

public civility?

however, if someone made an outburst from the gallery, they would be ejected

and i asked what are the rules of the congress

normally, i am a supporter of the first amendment, but such comments should be restricted to their own speech or an after comment

however, subsequently, the author has apologized so the point may be moot
Please. Booing during the SOTU address is "fine" one lame and rude outburst deserves censure? Consistency man.

Please. Booing during the SOTU address is "fine" one lame and rude outburst deserves censure? Consistency man.

missed that one, but is booing the same as calling someone a liar without waiting for the actual bill

however, neither is civil

and once more, what are the congressional rules on the subject

maybe heckling is what is to be expected

did they censure all the Dems who booed Bush or did anyone even call for it..

good gawd, let be real here..

you are equating booing with calling the president a LIAR? really?

Yes, both have the same effect... they are a negative that interrupts a speech.

That said, I would prefer if neither of the events were to occur. The individual rep that shouted Liar realized it was inappropriate and apologized for it. A bit more than those who booed did.

missed that one, but is booing the same as calling someone a liar without waiting for the actual bill

however, neither is civil

and once more, what are the congressional rules on the subject

maybe heckling is what is to be expected
Yes, it is pretty much the same except for it being only one guy rather than a crowd.

And I actually don't know the rules of a joint session, if the SOTU address is any measure this dude's outburst is almost nothing compared to what is sanctioned and supported. Heckling isn't expected by me though, or by the party. If you watch the reaction the Rs turned to look in surprise, and McCain and others stated (and the gentleman in question offered) that he needed to apologize immediately.

I think that what he did was rude, lame, and inappropriate. It deserves to be handled as something that is rude, lame, and inappropriate, with an apology.

Yes, both have the same effect... they are a negative that interrupts a speech.

That said, I would prefer if neither of the events were to occur. The individual rep that shouted Liar realized it was inappropriate and apologized for it. A bit more than those who booed did.

my thoughts more or less

Yes, it is pretty much the same except for it being only one guy rather than a crowd.

And I actually don't know the rules of a joint session, if the SOTU address is any measure this dude's outburst is almost nothing compared to what is sanctioned and supported. Heckling isn't expected by me though, or by the party. If you watch the reaction the Rs turned to look in surprise, and McCain and others stated (and the gentleman in question offered) that he needed to apologize immediately.

I think that what he did was rude, lame, and inappropriate. It deserves to be handled as something that is rude, lame, and inappropriate, with an apology.

i think that the difference is between disagreeing and calling someone a liar

Back