Chas Hodges of Chas and Dave has died

Yep. During his alcohol and drug addiction days. You had to be to listen to that shit.

What did your boys play at that concert? “Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer”? :rofl2:

Worst Clapton performance I've ever seen. I couldn't even watch it all. Figures he wouldn't bring his A game to third rate crapfest like that. Probably only did it as a favor to someone in the TV industry.

The worst part about that awful video, was the hokey looking show-offs out in the crowd trying to look cool doing their geeky dancing.

It almost makes one feel embarrassed for them.

Worst Clapton performance I've ever seen. I couldn't even watch it all. Figures he wouldn't bring his A game to third rate crap show like that. Probably only did it as a favor to someone in the TV industry.

The worst part about that awful video, was the hokey looking show-offs out in the crowd trying to look cool doing their geeky dancing.

Didn’t even watch it. I did the other videos. Cheap, 2nd rate, honkytonk drinking songs. Nothing more.

Worst Clapton performance I've ever seen. I couldn't even watch it all. Figures he wouldn't bring his A game to third rate crapfest like that. Probably only did it as a favor to someone in the TV industry.

Most white guys should not attempt to dance in public.

I ruv you rong time, yankee boy!

I think you have demonstrated sufficiently what an ocean going racist cunt you really are. It's take a lot to get Mott angry but you succeeded. His wife is Filipino and you basically called her a whore. What a fucking low life.

Chas Hodges played piano at Clapton's wedding along with Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. I doubt that a cunt like you can even play the triangle?

Last edited:
Their music was never intended for a Transatlantic audience, they deliberately eschewed singing in pseudo American accents. They were truly groundbreaking in that respect.

When Chas Hodges and Dave Peacock first started making music together, close to six decades ago, a large proportion of the British music scene was pretending to be something it wasn’t. Gene Vincent, Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis were inspiring Tom Jones and everyone else to sing in a transatlantic accent.

But when Chas & Dave started playing together, in the early 1970s, they made a clear decision to – as Hodges would later put it to a television documentary maker – “sing in our own accents, sing songs about who we were, and where we were from”.

From this choice came a sound that, in the decades since, has flooded hundreds of thousands, if not millions of lives with pure, unadulterated, toe-tapping, hip-swinging, lyric-shouting joy. But it has also left them misunderstood. Chas Hodges was a supreme musician. He learnt the piano as a session musician, gazing over the shoulder of Jerry Lee Lewis.

The cockney wail that rings out over, say, “Ain’t No Pleasin’ You”, has left many part-time listeners imagining the duo to be some kind of pub-singing novelty act, an East End version of The Wurzels. They were – and the use of the past tense here has summoned the tears again – absolutely nothing of the sort.

As recently as April this year they were collaborating with Pete Doherty (one of their biggest fans) and The Libertines, as they had done with Jools Holland, Eric Clapton and all manner of others. They were from northeast London, a time and a place that is as consistently mythologised as it misunderstood. They came from a land of jellied eels and pie and mash and pearly kings and queens that never quite existed. If it had done, there would be Chas & Dave songs about it: but there aren’t.

Instead they sung the poetry of everyday life, with a music that is as infectious as anything that’s ever been sung.

“You won’t stop talkin’/ Why don’t you give it a rest?/ You’ve got more rabbit than Sainsbury’s/ It’s time you got it off your chest.”

One of my most treasured memories of recent years is seeing my little nephews, two and five years old, erupting with the same joy as the rest of their family at the first bars of “Rabbit”, and instantly demanding it be played again. Such demands are now a daily occurrence, including, I am told, this morning, in between Chas's death and its announcement.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...-band-music-london-appreciation-a8550306.html

Last edited:
I think you have demonstrated sufficiently what an ocean going racist cunt you really are. It's take a lot to get Mott angry but you succeeded. His wife is Filipino and you basically called her a whore. What a fucking low life.

Does the sideways slit on your gook flap like lips when she slides down the stairs? :rofl2:

If Mott has been paying attention, he would know it has nothing to do with him or his wife. Just you and your whore, cunt.

Last edited:
Chas Hodges played piano at Clapton's wedding along with Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. I doubt that a cunt like you can even play the triangle?

Clapton was probably forced to use him because all the big name guys he wanted, had previous engagements they couldn't get out of, or cancelled at the last minute, and this Chas character was the only guy he could get on short notice.

The former Beatles were probably embarrassed to be seen playing with him, and only did it as a favor to their friend.

Clapton was probably forced to use him because all the big name guys he wanted, had previous engagements they couldn't get out of, or cancelled at the last minute, and this Chas character was the only guy he could get on short notice.

The former Beatles were probably embarrassed to be seen playing with him, and only did it as a favor to their friend.

You're a dozy cunt, no probably about that.

Wow! “Singing” (yelling) in their native tongue! How fucking amazing is that? No American EVER did that! Or ANY nationality for that matter.

:lolup::rofl2:

Fool.

Still don't understand why you pair of cunts didn't win the most obnoxious poll. Mind you CFM and TDAK are truly stiff competition. Maybe I'll start a most racist poll, you ought to win that.

Start this video at 2:40, classic stuff from Chas Hodges, Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy, Skid Row) and Roy Wood (The Move, ELO, Wizzard).

Last edited:
Back