Cheney: Talk of blunders in Iraq is 'hogwash'

uscitizen

Villified User
Cheney: Talk of blunders in Iraq is 'hogwash'
POSTED: 4:02 p.m. EST, January 25, 2007

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney on Wednesday dismissed as "hogwash" the suggestion that blunders may have hurt the administration's credibility on Iraq.

In an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, conducted a day after Bush delivered his State of the Union address, Cheney was asked to respond to some Republicans in Congress who "are now seriously questioning your credibility, because of the blunders and the failures."

To that, Cheney answered, "Wolf, Wolf, I simply don't accept the premise of your question. I just think it's hogwash."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/25/cheney/index.html

This was the same interview where Wolf attacked Cheney because of his new granddaughter... Wolf looked the idiot, then dug himself deeper later.

Why are the relatives of republicans off limits, but the relatives of demoncrats have not been ?
LOL. Off limits? Watch the interview...

And remember when somebody mentioned Chelsea on a TV show and got almost burned at the stake? They are relatively off-limits to everyone when a certain line has crossed. We see constantly the Bush twins questioned in the media as well.

Wolfie really stuffed a foot in his mouth, then when he still could talk tried it with two.

I don't think that Wolfe was out of bounds with his questioning.

I do think that if I were CNN or Wolfe Blitzer and had the opportunity to actually sit down and interview the VP, I would not have wasted my time on any family tidbits as he chose to do, when we have some very big things he could have questioned him on that were not even hit on.

care

i also think the VP could have been more composed and handled himself better than he did on this....to me, he came off arrogant, not really a caring person of any sort, but callous....

lol

but u know how skewed left my mind is, right?

care

This was the same interview where Wolf attacked Cheney because of his new granddaughter... Wolf looked the idiot, then dug himself deeper later.

Two different topics... This is the thread where we are discussing how out of touch Cheney is.

And remember when somebody mentioned Chelsea on a TV show and got almost burned at the stake? They are relatively off-limits to everyone when a certain line has crossed. We see constantly the Bush twins questioned in the media as well.

Wolfie really stuffed a foot in his mouth, then when he still could talk tried it with two.

Chelsea was 13 years old and they said she was a dog. A bit different. Cheney's daughter is the daughter of someone who has used the Religous Right for political advantage, but is having a child out of wedlock and bringing that child into a home led by a homosexual couple. I think the two are not comparable. Also the root of Wolf's question was that he really likes Cheney's daughter, but how does Cheney respond to what the RR has said about her.

Dont be obtuse, you are smarter than that Damo!

Funny how the Con defenders quickly changed the subject of this thread to Cheney's rosy assessment of how the war has gone thus far, to attacking Wolf for re-asking a question posed by Religous Right champion Dobson!

Chelsea was 13 years old and they said she was a dog. A bit different. Cheney's daughter is the daughter of someone who has used the Religous Right for political advantage, but is having a child out of wedlock and bringing that child into a home led by a homosexual couple. I think the two are not comparable. Also the root of Wolf's question was that he really likes Cheney's daughter, but how does Cheney respond to what the RR has said about her.

Dont be obtuse, you are smarter than that Damo!
You are being obtuse. Cheney has never rejected or said his daughter was evil or wrong, he hasn't made the comments Wolf supposed he believed, in fact during the election Cheney made it clear that this was one area he disagreed with the President on. Yet Wolf, in ignorance assumed a belief and attacked. It was rubbish, and clearly crossed a line both of ignorance in an interviewer and in his attempt to get the interviewed to suggest some sort of impropriety where there never was a bit expressed before.

You are being deliberately obtuse, not myself.

Oh, and I just mentioned the interview and gave an anecdote that showed I actually watched it rather than posted a tidbit and ignored the rest. It's a conversation, they move often. That Cheney doesn't believe that people think that he is untrustworthy is a non-issue to me. He isn't running for an office, he isn't going to. The only way he will get in that office is if something happens to Bush, I am unworried about him.

Funny how the Con defenders quickly changed the subject of this thread to Cheney's rosy assessment of how the war has gone thus far, to attacking Wolf for re-asking a question posed by Religous Right champion Dobson!

yep, you are right Alex!

What's up Damo? Why are you trying to change the thread subject instead of discussing it?

And hey, I followed you in to the hijack so I am just as guilty, but I did NOT initiate it! lol

I think this is the first grilling on relatives that I can recall the Republicans getting. And considering the way Chenys party hits on gays and the very things his duaghter is doing. It was a fair question. Unless of course republicans famlies are really off limits.

yep, you are right Alex!

What's up Damo? Why are you trying to change the thread subject instead of discussing it?

And hey, I followed you in to the hijack so I am just as guilty, but I did NOT initiate it! lol
I didn't, I mentioned an anecdotal story about the interview. That others were more interested in my anecdote than the topic isn't my fault.

You are being obtuse. Cheney has never rejected or said his daughter was evil or wrong, he hasn't made the comments Wolf supposed he believed, in fact during the election Cheney made it clear that this was one area he disagreed with the President on. Yet Wolf, in ignorance assumed a belief and attacked. It was rubbish, and clearly crossed a line both of ignorance in an interviewer and in his attempt to get the interviewed to suggest some sort of impropriety where there never was a bit expressed before.

You are being deliberately obtuse, not myself.

Oh, and I just mentioned the interview and gave an anecdote that showed I actually watched it rather than posted a tidbit and ignored the rest. It's a conversation, they move often. That Cheney doesn't believe that people think that he is untrustworthy is a non-issue to me. He isn't running for an office, he isn't going to. The only way he will get in that office is if something happens to Bush, I am unworried about him.

How did Wolf suggest that he supposed Cheney belived anything? He asked a question based on a very negative statement made by one of Cheney's biggest supporters, James Dobson... Wolfe did not suppose Cheney thought anything, he asked, not attacked or supposed!

Did you see the interview? Wolf was not attacking... he asked how Cheney responds to such critisim as levied by James Dobson, I think its a fair question!

I think this is the first grilling on relatives that I can recall the Republicans getting. And considering the way Chenys party hits on gays and the very things his duaghter is doing. It was a fair question. Unless of course republicans famlies are really off limits.
Once again, attempting to grill him for something he was clear he was not for during the debates was disingenuous at best and ignorant at worst. I tend to think Wolf was more likely disingenuous than ignorant, but I think he was attempting to play on other's ignorance with that particular questioning. I also think it made Wolf look like a total ass... Then when it was clear he had embarrassed himself, instead of shutting up he kept on keeping on...

"Wel... Um... You know I love both of your daughters... blah, blah.." He was practically stuttering.

In fact Wolfe prefaced the statement with, I really like your daughters, both of them.

Last edited:
How did Wolf suggest that he supposed Cheney belived anything? He asked a question based on a very negative statement made by one of Cheney's biggest supporters, James Dobson... Wolfe did not suppose Cheney thought anything, he asked, not attacked or supposed!

Did you see the interview? Wolf was not attacking... he asked how Cheney responds to such critisim as levied by James Dobson, I think its a fair question!
Suggesting hypocrisy where there was none is more than just "suggesting" it, Jarod. I knew you couldn't help but attempt to protect him. Even he knew he crossed the line. Stumbling around... It was like Seinfeld.. "Not that there's something wrong with that!"

In fact Wolfe prefaced the statement with "I really like your daughters, both of them."
LOL. Right, I even described in what context he said it. That was when he was attempting to backtrack after he looked stupid and knew it. LOL, I can't believe you watched the interview now and would bring up that!

Seriously, Wolf was backtracking in desperation trying to not look the ass he had made of himself and was digging a deeper hole at that time.

Back