Christopher Hitchens on Hillary Clinton

he always creeped me out

so very fucking negative about other humans

hes one of those head standers

cant feel good about himself without trashing others

He had an awesome intellect and was incredibly well read, he would have had plenty to say on the last general elections. Even drunk he'd wipe the floor with most people.

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk
Christopher Hitchens was an arrogant mouthy drunk who was all hat and no saddle. That worthless trilobite was one of the biggest propagandist that beat the drums for the immoral war in Iraq and unfortunately died of cancer before he could be hanged as a war criminal. He has far more blood on his decomposed hands than either Clinton.

I don't get this horse shit on Hitchens being a witty intellectual. He was a rude arrogant sexist asshole who stated that evolution made women unfunny and that sexual harassment was largely invented. Then there was his pompous arrogance towards people of faith.

Hitchens rarely, if ever, wrote anything of substance. He mostly wrote in an ill tempered, impatient and rude manner while excoriating anyone and everyone about being wrong while egomaniacally pontificating how he was always right and everyone else was always wrong.

Now I can see admiring Hitchens for being a pompous asshole as few have been bigger. Hitchens was a slightly better read version of Sean Hannity. Hannity could probably be as big a pompous ass as Hitchens too if he became a chronic alcoholic like Hitchens.

Hitchens only possessed one of the three attributes of a great writer. He had a compelling style. He was clearly lacking substance or any insight into human nature and he was completely devoid of compassion.

What Hitchens was, was a man who could argue forcefully and rudely, often in favor of harmful views, in a manner that was disrespectful to those who disagreed with him.

Nothing much there to brag about if you ask me. Hitchens is admired for being an asshole with style which really isn't very admirable, is it?

Then there was his pompous arrogance towards people of faith.

So, basically, a true leftist. :cof1:

Now I can see admiring Hitchens for being a pompous asshole as few have been bigger. Hitchens was a slightly better read version of Sean Hannity. Hannity could probably be as big a pompous ass as Hitchens too if he became a chronic alcoholic like Hitchens.

You're making Hannity sound like a fake-Irishman. Are you sure he's not an alcoholic?

:shots:

She was no saint either, even though the Pope is going to canonise her.

http://all-that-is-interesting.com/mother-teresa-saint

I don't think she was a saint. I read several books by women who worked alongside her and it wasn't all sunshine and flowers. But my gripe with her is that she didn't do enough with the money and clout she had. There was misuse of funds, poor to no medical treatment and a lot of focus on evangelization.

She did care for people in that society who were ostracized and ignored because of the horrible caste system and for that I give her credit.

Christopher Hitchens was an arrogant mouthy drunk who was all hat and no saddle. That worthless trilobite was one of the biggest propagandist that beat the drums for the immoral war in Iraq and unfortunately died of cancer before he could be hanged as a war criminal. He has far more blood on his decomposed hands than either Clinton.

I don't get this horse shit on Hitchens being a witty intellectual. He was a rude arrogant sexist asshole who stated that evolution made women unfunny and that sexual harassment was largely invented. Then there was his pompous arrogance towards people of faith.

Hitchens rarely, if ever, wrote anything of substance. He mostly wrote in an ill tempered, impatient and rude manner while excoriating anyone and everyone about being wrong while egomaniacally pontificating how he was always right and everyone else was always wrong.

Hitchens only possessed one of the three attributes of a great writer. He had a compelling style. He was clearly lacking substance or any insight into human nature and he was completely devoid of compassion.

What Hitchens was, was a man who could argue forcefully and rudely, often in favor of harmful views, in a manner that was disrespectful to those who disagreed with him.

Nothing much there to brag about if you ask me. Hitchens is admired for being an asshole with style which really isn't very admirable, is it?
Sorry I disagree with that diatribe almost entirely, excepting for his support for the Iraq War which I never could understand. What is curious and bewildering is his brother Peter was totally against that war and is usually considered to be the more right wing of the two brothers. He was totally right about the insidious nature of militant Islam especially Salifism, I admire the man immensely for his insights.

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

I don't think she was a saint. I read several books by women who worked alongside her and it wasn't all sunshine and flowers. But my gripe with her is that she didn't do enough with the money and clout she had. There was misuse of funds, poor to no medical treatment and a lot of focus on evangelization.

She did care for people in that society who were ostracized and ignored because of the horrible caste system and for that I give her credit.
She was far from a saint and Hitchens was right about her. I was shocked when he came out with his revelations at first, but he had her pegged. Come on give me a break, and him, Florence Nightingale knew about the importance of hygiene way back in the Crimean War back in the 1850s yet Mother Theresa seemed not to care, she was more concerned with saving souls than saving lives.

Sent from my iPhone 10S

Last edited:
you seem a little more butthurt about him than you should be. Did he take a shit on your lawn or something? He is widely regarded as an intelligent writer and speaker and intellectual. Highly regarded in the atheist and free speech circles. As for the mother teresa stuff, he's dead right about that. He's also right about women generally not being funny... that's the most obvious thing in the universe (even though he was just trolling when he said that)... he loved to troll and rile people up. He was a great man that burned the candles at both ends and sadly died of cancer. One of my heros :(

you seem a little more butthurt about him than you should be. Did he take a shit on your lawn or something? He is widely regarded as an intelligent writer and speaker and intellectual. Highly regarded in the atheist and free speech circles. As for the mother teresa stuff, he's dead right about that. He's also right about women generally not being funny... that's the most obvious thing in the universe (even though he was just trolling when he said that)... he loved to troll and rile people up. He was a great man that burned the candles at both ends and sadly died of cancer. One of my heros :(
He was right about most things, Salifism, religion in general, Mother Theresa and politics. He was wrong about Iraq War but spot on about the aftermath and the ruse of ISIS.

Not butt hurt at all. I can certainly understand why the style of a pseudo intellectual horses ass like Hitchens would appeal to you. You have similar styles. It's also fun putting you into a position of defending something Tom wrote. :) (nothing personal Tom it's just the irony.)

There's something about arrogant pompous jerks who belittle others while often being wrong themselves that rubs me the wrong way. That's why I compare him to Sean Hannity. Though certainly different ideologically and Hitchens was certainly better read than Hannity (to be fair Hannity is far better at messaging than Hitchens.) they both have similar styles that I find repugnant. Desh's succinct appraisal of Hitchens is spot on.

Having said that I understand why Hitchens style would appeal to you.

Last edited:
Back