Clean and Jerk

DamnYankee

Loyal to the end
Real men move their own stuff. Last weekend we hauled this from my valley home to my mountain cabin, built a crane and placed it onto the back deck. It weighs about 850# dry. Next weekend we'll hook it up.

P1060479.jpg

Last edited:
LOL. From the side it looks like an outhouse.
LOL Yes it does. I was thinking of putting one of those porta-john urinals on the back corner of the deck. It would save us from having to go back into the house while smoking cigars and drinking beer out there.

P1060478.jpg

Real men move their own stuff.

Real men don't waste time trying to prove they are real men.

I'd rather pay a laborer and spend the time on something more productive or with my family.

Its a matter of priorities.

Real men don't waste time trying to prove they are real men.

I'd rather pay a laborer and spend the time on something more productive or with my family.

Its a matter of priorities.
What could be more productive then teaching my son to be imaginative, self-sufficient and resourceful? He was so excited about the project that he invited a friend of his, who ended up to be a great help to us. They're both applying to engineering school at NC State.

Perhaps if you spent more time with your sons on project like this instead of sitting around eating donuts and watching others play football they wouldn't be so fat.

What could be more productive then teaching my son to be imaginative, self-sufficient and resourceful? He was so excited about the project that he invited a friend of his, who ended up to be a great help to us. They're both applying to engineering school at NC State.

Perhaps if you spent more time with your sons on project like this instead of sitting around eating donuts and watching others play football they wouldn't be so fat.

Now that is not exactly what you said in the first post, is it?

If you had said "real men teach their kids" or something similar, you would have been closer to correct. And I wouldn't have disagreed.

But instead you went with the old "I want to be macho" standby. And failed totally.

Now you fall back on your normal personal insults and attacking someone's family routine. If insulting someone's family results in you claiming a "zing", your whining about people insulting your wife is another example of hypocricy.

Now that is not exactly what you said in the first post, is it?....
Dude, there is a picture of my son directly under the spa, holding the hoist chain.

I've seen the pictures of yours that you posted. I simply stated an unfortunate fact about them. This is not an attack, and certainly not comparable with what topspin or maineman have leveled against my family.

Dude, there is a picture of my son directly under the spa, holding the hoist chain.

I've seen the pictures of yours that you posted. I simply stated an unfortunate fact about them. This is not an attack, and certainly not comparable with what topspin or maineman have leveled against my family.

You had your son stand directly under the spa?

No, that was an attack. A sneaking sort of under-handed, cowardly attack. But I couldn't expect much different from you.

You had your son stand directly under the spa?

No, that was an attack. A sneaking sort of under-handed, cowardly attack. But I couldn't expect much different from you.
Dude, he's not standing under the spa; he is pictured under the spa.

I'm sorry that you think making a statment of obvious fact is an insult. Should I use another term? Overweight, hefty, plus size? I'm sorry but I'm not into euphemisms.

Dude, he's not standing under the spa; he is pictured under the spa.

I'm sorry that you think making a statment of obvious fact is an insult. Should I use another term? Overweight, hefty, plus size? I'm sorry but I'm not into euphemisms.

"Perhaps if you spent more time with your sons on project like this instead of sitting around eating donuts and watching others play football they wouldn't be so fat" is an insult. Not only the calling of my son fat, but acting as if you know anything about how I raised my kids and what we do together.

Suddenly, the comments about your family seem more reasonable.

I have no idea. I do know, however, that Solitary's two sons are quite, well, for lack of a better term, fat. :)

LOL Yes it does. I was thinking of putting one of those porta-john urinals on the back corner of the deck. It would save us from having to go back into the house while smoking cigars and drinking beer out there.

P1060478.jpg
I'll have to drop by your place on my next trip to Charlotte making sure I hit JR's first.

Back