APP - Climate bill to cost families over $1700 a year

Natural rights are those rights that are enjoyed, or not, by all men. Your declaration of independence has absolutley nothing whatever to do with most of the world - neither has a foreign (US) constitution. The rights we all enjoy are those given us by our fellow man. That's all they are, no more, no less.
If you wish to change your point to 'American citizens rights' I would have no objection.
Although the Declaration of Independence is a US document the natural rights that it describes are still natural rights. Even democratic societies in Europe and elsewhere have denied themselves these rights; that has no bearing on the rights being natural.

Then why go on living in the one country founded upon them. Lots of countries out there to pick from, where you can conform to the dictates of "your rights extend from 'me' or 'us."
Very few countries respect natural rights. Their citizens have to want them bad enough to raise up arms and fight for it.

If life is a natural right then we should have nationalized healthcare?
What a wimpy, whiny argument. You liberals pussies bring up health care in every fucking argument.

You have the right to pay for your own damn health care. I have a right not to pay for yours. Dipshit. :pke:

What a wimpy, whiny argument. You liberals pussies bring up health care in every fucking argument.

You have the right to pay for your own damn health care. I have a right not to pay for yours. Dipshit. :pke:

Such anger. I ask a legitimate question and you go all offensively defensive.

If freedom equates to a military then does not life equate to health care?

Very few countries respect natural rights. Their citizens have to want them bad enough to raise up arms and fight for it.

Unfortunately you cannot enjoy many, if any, of those natural rights in this 2009 world.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is denied to most people. If you just take a minute to think about it you will agree. Tell me which parts of your idyllic existence are free of controls imposed from without. And if I fight you for my rights and you fight me for yours what rights are left?

Well, death is probably the last inalienable right we all have. Enjoy yours.

Unfortunately you cannot enjoy many, if any, of those natural rights in this 2009 world.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is denied to most people. If you just take a minute to think about it you will agree. Tell me which parts of your idyllic existence are free of controls imposed from without. And if I fight you for my rights and you fight me for yours what rights are left?
What a ridiculous argument, zero sum game with rights. LOL.

What a ridiculous argument, zero sum game with rights. LOL.

It is part of the American psyche to obsess about freedoms, rights and their possible loss. So obsess.
The American right wing is beginning to look quite strange.

It refuses to accept change and relies on a bunch of rules first drafted in seventeen something. Islamists go back a bit further but I'm sure you can recognise the similarities.

The America right wing firmly believe that they live in god's chosen land and that the rest of the world is envious of them. North Koreans believe exactly the same.

The American right wing support something called 'the patriot act'. The only other large country to have a similar 'rule' is the Peoples Republic of China.

Funny old world we live in, isn't it?

It is part of the American psyche to obsess about freedoms, rights and their possible loss. So obsess.
The American right wing is beginning to look quite strange.

It refuses to accept change and relies on a bunch of rules first drafted in seventeen something. Islamists go back a bit further but I'm sure you can recognise the similarities.

The America right wing firmly believe that they live in god's chosen land and that the rest of the world is envious of them. North Koreans believe exactly the same.

The American right wing support something called 'the patriot act'. The only other large country to have a similar 'rule' is the Peoples Republic of China.

Funny old world we live in, isn't it?
The only strange part of America is the whiny liberals.

The only strange part of America is the whiny liberals.
Same inane excuse, different day, why are you so ineffective as a conservative? the big bad liberals get you down? Fight like a man, don't become whiny like your counterparts!!!!

Back