Collections?

KingCondanomation

Just curious if anyone here collects anything and what they got?

I have collections but nothing I've bothered to add to in years, just holdovers from when I was a kid. Including:
- coin collection
- stamp collection
- shell collection
- rocks collection
- comic collection (mostly Iron Man, Hulk and Marvel comics from the 60's (and no I am not that old, just bought retro comics in the 80's) )

This will get a few smarmy remarks from liberal elites, but I have a unique collection of NASCAR photographs. Back in the 80's and 90's, I covered the races at Atlanta and Talledega, complete with garage, pit road, and victory lane passes, and I would take candids of the drivers, the next race, I would get them to sign the pictures for me. So, I have a nice collection of 'one-of-a-kind' 8x10 glossies, signed by the subject. I've been offered all kinds of money for some of them, but they are priceless to me.

Davey Allison, Alan Kulwicki, Dale Earnhardt, Richard Petty, Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin, Harry Gant, Jeff Gordon, Dale Jarrett, Ned Jarrett, Junior Johnson, Smokey Yunick, Bill France, Robert Yates, Richard Childress, the Wood Brothers, Daryl Waltrip, Kyle Petty, Sterling Marlin, Ernie Irvan, and a few more I can't remember at the moment.

I have a coin collection that was started by my father and I have continued. Some very nice pieces from the 1800's in it.

I also collect gun cartridges. (I am trying to collect guns but the damn things are too expensive to get a decent volume)

I collect Crimson Tide stuff. I have somenice things that date back to the Bear Bryant/Shug Jordan rivalry days. And quite a few autographs.

My wife collect purses. She has better than 50 of the things.

I collect dust.

I started a collection of kids, but that got too expensive.

I have a coin collection that was started by my father and I have continued. Some very nice pieces from the 1800's in it.

I also collect gun cartridges. (I am trying to collect guns but the damn things are too expensive to get a decent volume)

I collect Crimson Tide stuff. I have somenice things that date back to the Bear Bryant/Shug Jordan rivalry days. And quite a few autographs.

My wife collect purses. She has better than 50 of the things.

I collect dust.

I started a collection of kids, but that got too expensive.
Cool, I have to confess my ignorance as Crimson Tide sounds familiar but can't quite remember what is it or those 2 guys you mentioned.
I have an English penny from 1809 and a coin from there in the 1700's, can't remember the year. I have some relatives in England still so a lot of my collection came from there.

This will get a few smarmy remarks from liberal elites, but I have a unique collection of NASCAR photographs. Back in the 80's and 90's, I covered the races at Atlanta and Talledega, complete with garage, pit road, and victory lane passes, and I would take candids of the drivers, the next race, I would get them to sign the pictures for me. So, I have a nice collection of 'one-of-a-kind' 8x10 glossies, signed by the subject. I've been offered all kinds of money for some of them, but they are priceless to me.

Davey Allison, Alan Kulwicki, Dale Earnhardt, Richard Petty, Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin, Harry Gant, Jeff Gordon, Dale Jarrett, Ned Jarrett, Junior Johnson, Smokey Yunick, Bill France, Robert Yates, Richard Childress, the Wood Brothers, Daryl Waltrip, Kyle Petty, Sterling Marlin, Ernie Irvan, and a few more I can't remember at the moment.
Do you still add to it or it's basically just from the 80's and 90's?

Cool, I have to confess my ignorance as Crimson Tide sounds familiar but can't quite remember what is it or those 2 guys you mentioned.
I have an English penny from 1809 and a coin from there in the 1700's, can't remember the year. I have some relatives in England still so a lot of my collection came from there.

The Crimson Tide is the nickname of the University of Alabama Football team (actually used by all the athletic teams).

Bear Bryant was our head football coach from 1958 until his retirement at the end of the season in 1982. He coached the UA to 6 National Championships and 13 SEC Championships in his 25 years there. When he retired he was the winningest coach in NCAA football.

Shug Jordan was the long time coach at auburn, which is our greatest rival.

Sounds like you have some excellent coins. The big thing is NOT to clean them. And keep them tucked away.

Knowing what they are worth is always fun. But the coins I have will never be sold.

Dixie, I used to do the NASCAR collectibles as well, the 1/24th size model cars. That was alot of fun and I miss that collection.

I am starting to collect guns now while the wife is intent on collecting all things rattie, as in pet rats. rat stamps, rat ornaments, rat figurines, etc.

Money. I collect money. The goal is to have whole heaping piles of it with which I can purchase stuff. Then I will start collecting stuff.

Books. Not conscious collection, more like obsessive buying and inability to let them go. Lots of first editions, problem is though, it is getting like the cat women, but with books! :eek:

Books. Not conscious collection, more like obsessive buying and inability to let them go. Lots of first editions, problem is though, it is getting like the cat women, but with books! :eek:

I can relate. Mine are all triple-shelved as it is, and I even sent a whole pile to Iraq when a faculty member was serving there. Time for new bookshelves.

People will have to think I'm nuts. My entire basement, about 1200 sq ft is covered with shelving and double or triple stacked with my books. And I have no shame about it.

I can relate. Mine are all triple-shelved as it is, and I even sent a whole pile to Iraq when a faculty member was serving there. Time for new bookshelves.

I sent really 30 boxes to library for children. Those were those I thought I could part with that my (unborn) grandchildren didn't 'need.' I've more than that for them. I don't have the room for all the books, basement, closets, 3-4 deep. I'm going to have to cull, I've tried. About ready to hire someone. Fire hazard, while I may be like cat ladies, I do have my marbles, I think.

I collect beautiful classics. I have shelves full of old and new leather bound classics. I started by collecting them when I found them at junk stores. At one point I signed up for the franklin mint collection. I did it when they were 12 bucks a book. I now have that whole collection plus all the things I have found at junk stores. Beautifully bound The harvard Classics collections, World Book dictionarys and such all from junk stores. I hope some day to read them all. I havent been able to do it yet.

Old furniture

Bauer pitchers, pots and bowls

I still do the furniture but on a much smaller scale (not enough room left).

I havent found a Bauer thing in years. They were all snapped up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANKLIN-LIBRAR...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Wholey shit did I do well , I never looked at it on line before. They are going to my son though and I will never sell them.

Last edited:
Just curious if anyone here collects anything and what they got?

I have collections but nothing I've bothered to add to in years, just holdovers from when I was a kid. Including:
- coin collection
- stamp collection
- shell collection
- rocks collection
- comic collection (mostly Iron Man, Hulk and Marvel comics from the 60's (and no I am not that old, just bought retro comics in the 80's) )

Well,I have the last of my antique collection of OB boat engines...just two left...a 1956 Johnson Sea Horse 5 1/2 hp and a 'Clinton Chief' 1960 air cooled 5 hp canoe engine wanna buy...going real cheap...they are taking up space in my bedroom...and I do have a couple of 1800's paper items stocks,checks etc and just a couple of 1940's ,mint stamp covers military WWII...

Well,I have the last of my antique collection of OB boat engines...just two left...a 1956 Johnson Sea Horse 5 1/2 hp and a 'Clinton Chief' 1960 air cooled 5 hp canoe engine wanna buy...going real cheap...they are taking up space in my bedroom...and I do have a couple of 1800's paper items stocks,checks etc and just a couple of 1940's ,mint stamp covers military WWII...

Seriously, you keep engines in your bedroom? Something wrong with the garage?

Back