Collections?

This will get a few smarmy remarks from liberal elites, but I have a unique collection of NASCAR photographs. Back in the 80's and 90's, I covered the races at Atlanta and Talledega, complete with garage, pit road, and victory lane passes, and I would take candids of the drivers, the next race, I would get them to sign the pictures for me. So, I have a nice collection of 'one-of-a-kind' 8x10 glossies, signed by the subject. I've been offered all kinds of money for some of them, but they are priceless to me.

Davey Allison, Alan Kulwicki, Dale Earnhardt, Richard Petty, Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin, Harry Gant, Jeff Gordon, Dale Jarrett, Ned Jarrett, Junior Johnson, Smokey Yunick, Bill France, Robert Yates, Richard Childress, the Wood Brothers, Daryl Waltrip, Kyle Petty, Sterling Marlin, Ernie Irvan, and a few more I can't remember at the moment.

My best friend is a NASCAR enthusiast, nothing wrong with that, it just isn't my cup of tea, too noisy!

I can relate. Mine are all triple-shelved as it is, and I even sent a whole pile to Iraq when a faculty member was serving there. Time for new bookshelves.

I did too, to my friend who was a troop leader and requested books and cigars for his men! Way to go Thorn!

Oh, my gosh! Have I met my internet twin?!!!!!!!!!

Books everywhere, it drives my daughter crazy. The valuable ones I keep in a cabinet, but the others are on shelves and tables and everywhere! I also have two cats! eeeeek

My daughter came to visit and was helping me "arrange" them! She is a minimalist, probably because of me!

Oh mine is a serious addiction. There are textbooks, no small matter, 3 BA and a MS, (not to mention I still have some HS and grammar school books I keep). Then there are the books I have 'preview rights' to regarding social studies, language arts and reading-including all the 'supplementals.' I keep them all.

Then there is my regular buying habits: history, mysteries, philosophy, and theology.

Oh yeah, there is my tendency to buy first editions of swift sellers in any of the above topics, as well as good fiction writers.

Problem storage wise, the above has been the norm for over 35 years!

soccer jerseys.....

and i have ever album i have ever bought, rubber soul was the first, and am still adding......

Back