Costs tax payers $300 billion to raise minimum wage...thank you REPUBLICANS

If as you say>>>have a legitimate interest in preventing the growth of an hereditary aristocracy.

Then why wait till the die, take Bill Gates money now, Strip the Walton family, The Kennedy's have way to much money............

toby2 said:
The billionaries don't pay estate taxes anyway. They have trust accounts, massive lawyers on the payroll to avoid taxes. So stop the crap that they are getting a tax break.

Why should a family be taxed for someone dying? Because they have too much money?

because a GREAT DEAL of this money HAS NEVER BEEN TAXED....look it up...it has been sheltered from taxes during the dead man's life, now upon death, the taxes are paid that were never paid, that is, after the first $2.5 million, which is exempt from ever having been taxed....

He talks as if the tax takes it all and leaves them nothing.

The money was earned because of the infrastructure of America!
guess who used it the most,me or Sam Walton?

toby2 said:
If as you say>>>have a legitimate interest in preventing the growth of an hereditary aristocracy.

Then why wait till the die, take Bill Gates money now, Strip the Walton family, The Kennedy's have way to much money............
That's what income taxes are for. Look that up too: redistribution of wealth has been part of the intent of income taxes from the very beginning.

Unfortunately, income taxes have been gelded these past 50 years or so. More and more they've been modified to favor the rich instead of hobbling them. This neither surprises me nor makes me give up on the idea. As I've said often, these things tend to be cyclic . . . and we're due for a long, slow swing of the pendulum back my way. In fact, I think it's already begun: the informational noise from Bush's wars of aggression tend to mask what's going on.

Do the Kennedies have "too much money?" Yes, they do. More correctly, they have too much power and status. So does the Bush clan. it's high time to prune that back.

Desh said:
He talks as if the tax takes it all and leaves them nothing.
That's the Repuke way. In fact, it's become the conservative's way, as often as not. False dichotomies are the staple of their platform(s).

I disagree Ornot, income tax was not designed to redistrubite wealth to instead a way for the goverment to pay for services provided. Those are two different concepts. And the tax was on earning, not assets. Another big difference. The devil is in the details isn't it? LOL

The money was earned because of the infrastructure of America!
guess who used it the most,me or Sam Walton?

I said as if idiot not he said.

Silly desh, he also paid more taxes and employed more people and proved to be a much better asset to the US than you did.

toby2 said:
I disagree Ornot, income tax was not designed to redistrubite wealth to instead a way for the goverment to pay for services provided. Those are two different concepts. And the tax was on earning, not assets. Another big difference. The devil is in the details isn't it? LOL
I suggest, then, that you look into the public debate in 1894-95, 1913 and 1935. Those are the episodes during which our modern system of income taxation evolved. You'll find the very phrases "redistribution of wealth" and "shifting the [tax] burden to the wealthy" prominent in all three.

Regardless of original intent, my intent, and that of many leftists and liberals, is to restrict the ability to amass dynastic wealth. Many of the framers of our constitution shared my horror of that phenomenon, and my concern that it's a natural tendency in market economies.

No more tax cuts for paris hilton.

Dems should try to pass a mimimum wage bill when and if they controll congress in 06 or 08.

because if you want to help the little guy you gotta negotiate and give a little, which the turbo-libs won't do. They want to keep the poor man down.

Care4all said:
because a GREAT DEAL of this money HAS NEVER BEEN TAXED....look it up...it has been sheltered from taxes during the dead man's life, now upon death, the taxes are paid that were never paid, that is, after the first $2.5 million, which is exempt from ever having been taxed....

An easier solution would be to remove tax shelters...

there's no money for further tax cuts for millionaires. bush has plunged us into deep, structural, long-term deficits.

Your kids, will be paying the interest on the debt to make sure Paris Hilton gets her bush tax cuts.

I believe corporate America forces this type of regulation by not doing the right thing which would be to institute their own fair min.wage. Paying 5.15 an hour in this day in age is ridiculous. I read or saw somewhere where Walmart would only need to raise their prices .01 on all their products to give all their hourly employees a 1.00 raise.
The fact there is still Wealthy National Franchises out there still paying out $5.15 an hour tells the story, they brought the regulation upon themselves. They pushed the envelope.
In this day in age of out of control greed ... it is neccessary.

Back