Cypress

Mel has his own production company and more money than you will ever be able to comprehend. It doesn't matter if he becomes blacklisted.

Beefy said:
Do you have a vintage Gibson SG?

LOL I wish!

My first guitar, was a 1975 SG standard.

And in homage to Angus Young, my avatator is the gibson Angus young special

Cypress said:
LOL I wish!

My first guitar, was a 1975 SG standard.

And in homage to Angus Young, my avatator is the gibson Angus young special

That'ss all he's ever played, ever. The man is a stud. I grew up on ACDC. Do you still play?

Beefy said:
That'ss all he's ever played, ever. The man is a stud. I grew up on ACDC. Do you still play?

On and off. I only have a japanese strat now. Play AC/DC covers with some hombres of mine. Yeah, Angus rocks.

've got a 79 American Standard. Used to have a Tom Anderson, and A Paul Reed Smith, but this one has tone and soul like nothing else. My favorite ACDC songs to jam are Highway to Hell (kickass, but easy to duplicate guitar leads), Shes Got the Jack, and Shoot to thrill. I'm really partial to the Bon Scott stuff though. "Ride On" is the story of my life, one of the songs my best friend says he'll play at my funeral. :)

I've got a shitty Stratpack...

Cheapest guitar on Earth.

My acoustic, however, sounds pretty good. It's about 20 or 30 years old. From a company named "Eagle". Never heard of it anywhere else.

The only song I really know is Jeff Buckley's version of "hallejulah". Well, I know "folsom prison blues" kind of, and all of those White Stripes songs that everyone learns starting out on the gutiar. But those are extremely simple. Really, I compose my own stuff mostly, usually in a folkish style.

Beefy said:
've got a 79 American Standard. Used to have a Tom Anderson, and A Paul Reed Smith, but this one has tone and soul like nothing else. My favorite ACDC songs to jam are Highway to Hell (kickass, but easy to duplicate guitar leads), Shes Got the Jack, and Shoot to thrill. I'm really partial to the Bon Scott stuff though. "Ride On" is the story of my life, one of the songs my best friend says he'll play at my funeral. :)

Sweet. Nice axe collection.

Great tune selection there, Beefy. So many: where to start? I love covering Highway to hell, back in black, TNT, dirty deeds. I like the Bon Scott era, but Back in Black is probably the most classic hard rock album in history. I believe its sold 40 million copies worldwide. And believe it or not, AD/DC has outsold the rolling stones, and virtually every other rock band except the beatles, Zep, and Pink Floyd.

They put on a hell of a show too. I saw them in Long Beach for their Razor's Edge tour back in the early 90's. So clean and tight, no mistakes, great theatrics and props. I still have an Angus Dollar from that tour.

Bah!

All ACDC is is a bunch of cheapass stunts. No substance at all. Can't compose music, all they do is string together a bunch of oddly placed power chords and call it a song (too many bands do this shit today, I wish the power chord would just get banished back into the hells from whence it came). A perfect example of the decay of modern society.

Beefy said:
They put on a hell of a show too. I saw them in Long Beach for their Razor's Edge tour back in the early 90's. So clean and tight, no mistakes, great theatrics and props. I still have an Angus Dollar from that tour.

Word.

I think AC/DC opened for the rolling stones a couple years ago, at a SARS benefit. Should been the other way around, stones should have opened for them. I wouldn't want to be keith richards, following Angus Young's performance.

Watermark said:
Bah!

All ACDC is is a bunch of cheapass stunts. No substance at all. Can't compose music, all they do is string together a bunch of oddly placed power chords and call it a song (too many bands do this shit today, I wish the power chord would just get banished back into the hells from whence it came). A perfect example of the decay of modern society.

Well, Angus Young said it best himself:

I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sounds exactly the same, Infact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.

You gotta love it.

Back