Cypress

klaatu said:
There is a pecking order in Rock and Roll.. even ACDC would tell you that.

For supposed Musicians ...you guys are truly lacking ....

What do you think of Skid Row, Warrant and Cinderella? Certainly they rank well on your so-called "pecking order".

Beefy said:
What do you think of Skid Row, Warrant and Cinderella? Certainly they rank well on your so-called "pecking order".

Not of my World .... For me ..HM ranks at the bottom with HipHop...

klaatu said:

HM? Does that stand for "Homo Metal"? Anyhow, what do you think of Stevie Ray Vaughan? Yingwie?

klaatu said:

Ahem....AD/DC is not heavy metal.

I though you claimed to know more about the music industry than us? ;)

Beefy said:
HM? Does that stand for "Homo Metal"? Anyhow, what do you think of Stevie Ray Vaughan? Yingwie?

Now your talking ... Stevie was amongst the best ever bluesmen ....
Yngwie .. is right there with Joe Satrioni , Jon Mclaughlin
and Robert Fripp ;)

Cypress said:
Ahem....AD/DC is not heavy metal.

I though you claimed to know more about the music industry than us? ;)

Who said ACDC was heavy metal? I like ACDC... all I was implying is that the Stones are legends and were long before ACDC.. and ACDC will be the first to tell you that ...

In another post to another question... I stated I didnt like HM ... follow the thread ..

gonzojournals said:
ACDC is heavy metal if you are referring to the original heavy metal.....
Oh, the original Heavy Metal . . . .
t04648lxui8.jpg

klaatu said:
Who said ACDC was heavy metal? I like ACDC... all I was implying is that the Stones are legends and were long before ACDC.. and ACDC will be the first to tell you that ...

In another post to another question... I stated I didnt like HM ... follow the thread ..
That doesn't mean I'm obliged to like their drivel more than AC/DC's...

I am not kidding, I would leave after AC/DC if they were opening for these guys...

The only good song by the Stones is "Wild Horses". "Paint it Black" is OK.

I can't really tell you of any ACDC songs that I really love at all, though. Some of them are slightly humorous, but mostly it just ain't my cup o' tea.

Bob Dylan and the Beatles kick both their asses as older musicians go.

After the 70's heavy metal came in and killed rock. Nirvana was good, then everyone started to try and sound like shitty Nirvana's. So Nirvana killed rock too.

Watermark said:
Yeah. I absolutely hate music that is too complex. .

which is why you are against hooks and power chords?

Puts on guitar guessing hat: *i seeeeeee you playing forrrrrr 1.4 years*

Watermark said:
The only good song by the Stones is "Wild Horses". "Paint it Black" is OK.

I can't really tell you of any ACDC songs that I really love at all, though. Some of them are slightly humorous, but mostly it just ain't my cup o' tea.

Bob Dylan and the Beatles kick both their asses as older musicians go.

What about Dead Flowers? It's one of my favorite Stones song to play!

AC/DC is great for AC/DC, nobody does AC/DC better!

...And Bob Dylan or Lennon/McCarntney, beat everyone's ass regardless of whether they are young or old!

Watermark said:
After the 70's heavy metal came in and killed rock. Nirvana was good, then everyone started to try and sound like shitty Nirvana's. So Nirvana killed rock too.
Nirvana was Grunge, the first to hit it so large, but a different category of Metal. It was an offshoot of like three different categories...

Hardcore Punk
Thrash Metal
and Alternative Rock all mixed together to make a unique sound with Grunge bands...

This is that "Seattle Sound" that people talk about when speaking of Metal Bands.

Damocles said:
That doesn't mean I'm obliged to like their drivel more than AC/DC's...

I am not kidding, I would leave after AC/DC if they were opening for these guys...

Well.. to each their own ... I'll admit the 60 something Stones are not what they once were ... but I give them respect for the legacy they built.
One thing I will say .. their sound was much more versitle than AC/DC's.

With your fondness for Pink Floyd I am suprised that you are so into thrash ...

I do like ACDC .. thats about as far as I delve into power rock ... Im more into a complex wall of sound ..i.e. Pink Floyd .. Progressive ... and strong lyrical content ... Music motivates my mind .. more so than body ... thats probably the difference.

klaatu said:
Well.. to each their own ... I'll admit the 60 something Stones are not what they once were ... but I give them respect for the legacy they built.
One thing I will say .. their sound was much more versitle than AC/DC's.

With your fondness for Pink Floyd I am suprised that you are so into thrash ...

I do like ACDC .. thats about as far as I delve into power rock ... Im more into a complex wall of sound ..i.e. Pink Floyd .. Progressive ... and strong lyrical content ... Music motivates my mind .. more so than body ... thats probably the difference.

I like a ton of different music, my favorites are HM and Country... I know, not such a great fit. I do love Pink Floyd, probably my singular favorite band...

Watermark said:

Ummm, Kid? The 1970's were the disco era. An era of tastless and bad "music".

Bands like AC/DC, Zeppelin, and the Ramones probably saved rock music ;)

You don't like disco? I love disco, funk, house, basically any electronica, metal, alternative, latin, New Age, some rap....anything but most rap and country.

What is wrong with complicated songs? Sure, over-complexity kills it, but not listening to music simply because of technical riffs is being as narrowminded as only listening to music that is complex. You should never be an absolutist with music.

Cypress said:
Ummm, Kid? The 1970's were the disco era. An era of tastless and bad "music".

Bands like AC/DC, Zeppelin, and the Ramones probably saved rock music ;)

70's wasn't all disco. Was Disco even the main genre in the seventies? But actually I've been listening to a lot of stuff from the 60's lately.

Back