Cypress

Watermark said:
Bah!

All ACDC is is a bunch of cheapass stunts. No substance at all. Can't compose music, all they do is string together a bunch of oddly placed power chords and call it a song (too many bands do this shit today, I wish the power chord would just get banished back into the hells from whence it came). A perfect example of the decay of modern society.

the final judge, is the music-listening public.

AC/DC has outsold the Stones, Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, and Bruce Springsteen.

Simplicity in musice does not mean its "bad". Bob Dylan was famous for writing simple, three-chord songs.

Oh, oh wait. YOUR MOM is the worst song ever! Hah!

Kicked your ass in that debate. Damn. I'm proud of myself.

No, seriously, have you ever even heard that song?

Cypress said:

AC/DC has outsold the Stones, Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, and Bruce Springsteen.

Simplicity in musice does not mean its "bad". Bob Dylan was famous for writing simple, three-chord songs.

You mean "The ignorant masses", as we like to call them?

Well, I guess it's OK. It's more of a fun band than anything. Just not my cup of tea.

Bob Dylan always wrote awesome lyrics, though.

Cypress said:

My dad was a professional, classic-violinist, who also happend to like Led Zeppling, Deep Purple, and AC/DC.

Music isn't judged by how many chords, or notes it has.

Cypress said:
My dad was a professional, classic-violinist, who also happend to like Led Zeppling, Deep Purple, and AC/DC.

Music isn't judged by how many chords, or notes it has.

Yeah. I really shouldn't be the one saying that. I've made songs out of two chords before. I absolutely hate music that is too complex. They start taking away the feeling just to be complicated. What I hate more than the power chord is how bands these days will just add on ten or twenty instruments and parts until it all homogenizes together and gives it that shitty, soft sound. Everyone loves that style today (especially in new country, Emo-type music, most modern rock, and actually just about all non-rap they play today), but it makes my ears bleed.

Well, that's quite a reverse, isn't it?

I was just joking talking about ACDC, guys, don't ever take me seriously...

The listening public should not be a barometer of good music if it was we could say the Britney Spears produces good music. You can sell a shitload of crap albums it just means people's taste is in their ass. The same is true of books, movies and television. In fact I would say high popularity is often a sign something is not good.

That said I think AC/DC is a great band.

IHateGovernment said:
The listening public should not be a barometer of good music if it was we could say the Britney Spears produces good music. You can sell a shitload of crap albums it just means people's taste is in their ass. The same is true of books, movies and television. In fact I would say high popularity is often a sign something is not good.

That said I think AC/DC is a great band.

true. Temporary spikes in popularity is not a good case for awesome music.

That said, AC/DC has stood the test of time. They have consistently sold millions of albums for thirty years.

Brittiny is a flash in the pan. She will not stand the test to time, or continue to sell albums.

Jeesh, too many people don't know how to play the freakin' guitar without drop D tuning and power chords. My first guitar was a '68 Strat sunburst... prolly worth about $10k now. A "friend" of mine stole it and skipped town.

:(

I mostly play acoustic now, and I have a very nice hand-built cedar top, one of the first ones made by Seagull. I would love to have a good Martin D-28, but not enough to part with that kind of cash.

Cypress said:
Word.

I think AC/DC opened for the rolling stones a couple years ago, at a SARS benefit. Should been the other way around, stones should have opened for them. I wouldn't want to be keith richards, following Angus Young's performance.

What an uneducated statemet .....

I would have left after AC/DC finished. I hate watching Mick dance, he looks like a wounded pidgeon.

Damocles said:
I would have left after AC/DC finished. I hate watching Mick dance, he looks like a wounded pidgeon.

Yeah, that dopey schtick grew tired in '72.

Dixie said:
Jeesh, too many people don't know how to play the freakin' guitar without drop D tuning and power chords. My first guitar was a '68 Strat sunburst... prolly worth about $10k now. A "friend" of mine stole it and skipped town.

:(

I mostly play acoustic now, and I have a very nice hand-built cedar top, one of the first ones made by Seagull. I would love to have a good Martin D-28, but not enough to part with that kind of cash.

Yeah. I have a friend who comes over, sometimes plays my guitar, and I always have to re-tune after he leaves. He never plays in standard, just power chords.

Damocles said:

No doubt.

Did you see the stones superbowl performance? They totally sucked.

There is a pecking order in Rock and Roll.. even ACDC would tell you that.

For supposed Musicians ...you guys are truly lacking ....

klaatu said:
There is a pecking order in Rock and Roll.. even ACDC would tell you that.

For supposed Musicians ...you guys are truly lacking ....
Well, Mick's dance style could certainly be described as "pecking"...

I'm amazed that somebody that so clearly has no rhythm is able to keep time while singing...

Damocles said:
Well, Mick's dance style could certainly be described as "pecking"...

LOL

The Stones jumped the shark at "Steel Wheels". Their last great toe tapper was "Factory Girl", on the last great album of theirs "Beggars Banquet".

Back