Damn Yankee

DamnYankee

Loyal to the end
After careful consideration I have decided to change my name from Southern Man. Although I believe my soul was born in The South and it merely took my body several decades to find its way that concept is beyond most folks due to their shallow thinking. My new name fits my personality better anyway. Regardless, the basic meaning of each is the same; each chooses to live in his beloved region, enjoying its natural wonders and rich human history that is unmatched in the lesser parts of this great land. :D

Definitions

Yankee - a person from the NE USA
Damned Yankee - A person from the NE USA who moves to the south.
God Damned Yankee - A person from the NE USA who moves to the south and stays.

Definitions

Correction: a Damn Yankee is a person from NE who moves to the south and stays. We don't say "God Damn... anything in polite conversation.

What a waste. All of the vast cultural resourses of New England at your disposal growing up, such as education, history, and the arts, and you wind up becoming an uncivilized, and ignorant Southerner. God Damned Yankee suits the bill, nicely.

The north: our culture, intellect, and history, basically everything that's good about America.

The south: racism, slavery, ignorance, evil.

Hard to choose.

What a waste. All of the vast cultural resourses of New England at your disposal growing up, such as education, history, and the arts, and you wind up becoming an uncivilized, and ignorant Southerner. God Damned Yankee suits the bill, nicely.
Dood, I grew up there. They taught us Mt. Washington was the tallest east of the Mississippi, and that Democrats were for Civil Rights. My kids a much better education here than their cousins in Massachusetts. My son trounced all his cousins with his SAT scores: 780 in math, 680 in English. :pke:

Dood, I grew up there. They taught us Mt. Washington was the tallest east of the Mississippi, and that Democrats were for Civil Rights. My kids a much better education here than their cousins in Massachusetts. My son trounced all his cousins with his SAT scores: 780 in math, 680 in English. :pke:

Being educated in a land of ignorance is not a poitive situation, should it even be called education to begin with. Congrats on your son breaking from the mold.

Being educated in a land of ignorance is not a poitive situation, should it even be called education to begin with. Congrats on your son breaking from the mold.
Dood NC students do very well on average. Unlike other states that cull the slow kids from taking the SATs, we encourage all to take them.

Definitions

Glenn-Beck-The-Winner-Haters-Gonna-Hate.jpg

Anyway, everyone knows my position - that the USA would be a better place if either the South hadn't been readmitted to the Union, or it had been totally annihilated...

The other thing about the schools here that you are ignorant about 3D is that ours tend to be consolidated throughout a particular county, where in the NE they are by Towns. Kids can go to any of the schools in the County, so we have gifted schools were all the smart kids go, special Ed schools for the slow kids, etc. Special program teachers and counselors routinely go to different schools to serve the needs of special students. Kids grow up with friends that end up in different high schools, so sports rivalries tend to be friendly instead of ending in fights. My son took his girlfriend to two proms- his school and her school, and has friends all over the county.

The other thing about the schools here that you are ignorant about 3D is that ours tend to be consolidated throughout a particular county, where in the NE they are by Towns. Kids can go to any of the schools in the County, so we have gifted schools were all the smart kids go, special Ed schools for the slow kids, etc. Special program teachers and counselors routinely go to different schools to serve the needs of special students. Kids grow up with friends that end up in different high schools, so sports rivalries tend to be friendly instead of ending in fights. My son took his girlfriend to two proms- his school and her school, and has friends all over the county.

School districts are generally towns or cities. In WA, Shoreline District is the cities of Shoreline and Lake Forest Park; Edmonds Districts is the cities of Edmonds, Lynnwood, and Mountlake Terrace; etc.

Also, the modern education system favors inclusion and mainstreaming, so you are seeing more and more SPED students in the GenEd class room.

Anyway, everyone knows my position - that the USA would be a better place if either the South hadn't been readmitted to the Union, or it had been totally annihilated...
Meanwhile people continue to escape to The South from NE and the Midwest....

School districts are generally towns or cities. In WA, Shoreline District is the cities of Shoreline and Lake Forest Park; Edmonds Districts is the cities of Edmonds, Lynnwood, and Mountlake Terrace; etc.

Also, the modern education system favors inclusion and mainstreaming, so you are seeing more and more SPED students in the GenEd class room.

KING COUNTY FOR LIFE MOTHERFUCKER

Back