Debate Championship II OFFICIAL SIGNUP THREAD

Judges:
Lame-ocles
Supersuck
Mott the Hopleless

The Master Debaters (LOL JOKE IS STILL FUNNY)

1. Grind
  2. 3d
  3. mr billys.
  4. dune
  5. yurt (haha nice)

I think ideally we want 16 people. 8 is doable, but less awesome.

You dangled your participle there Grind and, therefore, completely changed the meaning of your sentence.

"8 is doable, but less awesome." (meaning fewer then 8 is better).

Correct grammar would be;

"Eight is doable but less awesome."

Had this been an actual debate I would have been compelled to deduct points from you.

I give you fair warning now. I have no tolerance for dangling participles! (or rednecks.)

Last edited:
You dangled your participle there Grind and, therefore, completely changed the meaning of your sentence.

Correct grammar would be;

"Eight is doable but less awesome."

Had this been an actual debate I would have been compelled to deduct points from you.

I give you fair warning now. I have no tolerance for dangling participles! (or rednecks.)

I think it's nice that we give retards a position of authority. It shows how progressive we are as a community.

no mott. you are wrong. this makes no sense. Why would it imply that fewer than 8 is better? it can just as easily imply that more is awesome. I can't even argue with this idiocy.

Nor will the use of pejoratives or ad hominen attacks be tolerated. Since this is an on-line debate, the foul stench of unwashed michiganers will be tolerated.

I will use up every spare word I have to insult you and Ohio in general. Of course I'll have to stick to monosyllabic words so as to keep your profigate brain from exploding.

no mott. you are wrong. this makes no sense. Why would it imply that fewer than 8 is better? it can just as easily imply that more is awesome. I can't even argue with this idiocy.

That is how a reader would read it and it's all your fault cause you dangled your participle. FOR SHAME!!! I can understand why someone from a semi-literate State, like miichigan, would do that but you know bettter!

Judges:
Lame-ocles
Supersuck
Mott the Hopleless

The Master Debaters (LOL JOKE IS STILL FUNNY)

1. Grind
  2. 3d
  3. mr billys.
  4. dune
  5. yurt (haha nice)
  6. Watermark

I think ideally we want 16 people. 8 is doable, but less awesome.

I will use up every spare word I have to insult you and Ohio in general. Of course I'll have to stick to monosyllabic words so as to keep your profigate brain from exploding.

That's spelled "p.r.o.f.L.i.g.a.t.e." and you need to look up the definition. Eight years of Bush's malapropisms have apparetnly rubbed off on you! LOL

Back