Diamonds

Mott will confirm that Asian women are more concerned about the size of a gem than how brilliant or flawless it is.
Yup....that's true about diamonds too ;)

But seriously, when I took her out diamond shoping, as predicted, she picked the largest diamond within our budget. It was only several grades above an industrial diamond. I told her that I prefer a diamond to be beautiful like my wife. That got through to her.

You do make an interesting point about asian women and social status. My wife is acutely aware of status. Once an aquantance refered to her jokingly as my mail order bride. I doubt he makes that mistake again. She was livid. Even after he apologized she was still pissed but western women aren't much different when it comes to social status. What is interesting to me is that the most snobish women I've met are usually women who's status is derived from their husband or family name and isn't earned.

Last edited:
Diamonds are not rare. Their release is governed by de Beers etc. Fossilised dinosaur shit is rare.
Diamonds are not particularly beautiful. We are told they are beautiful by Madison Avenue. A tree is beautiful. A waterfall splashing between foxgloves and hazel and glinting in the morning sun is beautiful.
So if you love your wife give her a part of the sparkling waterfalls of Derbyshire, the trees of an ancient forest, the chalk downs of Sussex, a poem by Keats probably not a piece of dinosaur shit.
To give your wife a diamond is telling her that you are similar in one important way. You both believe the admans phoney promises.
You don't understand women very well do you?

You don't understand women very well do you?
I understand them well. But I am neither influenced not threatened by their lack of logic.
Ask yourself this: If I was god and gave you and your wife the choice of having no trees and rivers or having no diamonds which would you/she choose.
Millions of women love their husbands without the con of a diamond. They are no worse for that and often a lot better.
A diamond says look what my husband can afford.
Beauty of nature shared says look who my husband is.

I understand them well. But I am neither influenced not threatened by their lack of logic.
Ask yourself this: If I was god and gave you and your wife the choice of having no trees and rivers or having no diamonds which would you/she choose.
Millions of women love their husbands without the con of a diamond. They are no worse for that and often a lot better.

There was a poster here who bought his wife a ruby ring for a very special anniversary not so long ago... let me think... his name will come to me eventually... ;)

Living in domestic tranquility is also beautiful. I'm buying her a diamond. LOL

Yup....that's true about diamonds too ;)

But seriously, when I took her out diamond shoping, as predicted, she picked the largest diamond within our budget. It was only several grades above an industrial diamond. I told her that I prefer a diamond to be beautiful like my wife. That got through to her.

You do make an interesting point about asian women and social status. My wife is acutely aware of status. Once an aquantance refered to her jokingly as my mail order bride. I doubt he makes that mistake again. She was livid. Even after he apologized she was still pissed but western women aren't much different when it comes to social status. What is interesting to me is that the most snobish women I've met are usually women who's status is derived from their husband or family name and isn't earned.

That acquaintance is lucky he got away with only an ear-beating after making such a condescending remark. :mad:

Diamonds.jpg

Back