Dis-invited!

MAGA MAN

Let's go Brandon!
I'm headed to Upstate NY next week to visit with old friends. Although we moved 23 years ago, we were there for 11 years and still keep in touch with many folks. One of the events was to have dinner with a gal that my wife went to school with and of course her husband. We hung out together dozens of times back then and always had a great time. So we've known this couple for 34 years.

Last week her husband, I'll call him John here, commented on one of my FB posts. I had posted about how Biden is losing it, as demonstrated most lately by his war story that keeps changing. John commented that 'Trump has lied 12,000 times', and my response was a simple: "Nope." So he linked to a newspaper article claiming it 'has documented all of his lies'. I read the article and it referenced an ongoing university project, and read a couple of their claims. Basically the logic behind this study is that if something isn't accurate, then they deem it to be a lie.

So I responded to John, that his post was inaccurate because he was incorrect on the source. "See how that works, John?"

His response: "Did Trump lie or not?"

Me: "According to the study logic, you both did."

My wife got a text from his wife this morning dis-inviting us to dinner.

:clintonwhoa:

I'm headed to Upstate NY next week to visit with old friends. Although we moved 23 years ago, we were there for 11 years and still keep in touch with many folks. One of the events was to have dinner with a gal that my wife went to school with and of course her husband. We hung out together dozens of times back then and always had a great time. So we've known this couple for 34 years.

Last week her husband, I'll call him John here, commented on one of my FB posts. I had posted about how Biden is losing it, as demonstrated most lately by his war story that keeps changing. John commented that 'Trump has lied 12,000 times', and my response was a simple: "Nope." So he linked to a newspaper article claiming it 'has documented all of his lies'. I read the article and it referenced an ongoing university project, and read a couple of their claims. Basically the logic behind this study is that if something isn't accurate, then they deem it to be a lie.

So I responded to John, that his post was inaccurate because he was incorrect on the source. "See how that works, John?"

This is why you don't do politics on FB. It isn't worth the aggravation. Secondly, if they are dis-inviting you because you don't march like a Fascist to their bidding, they were never friends to begin with.

This is why you don't do politics on FB. It isn't worth the aggravation. Secondly, if they are dis-inviting you because you don't march like a Fascist to their bidding, they were never friends to begin with.

I frequently do politics on FB and I am always courteous and factual. I have had a half-dozen or so liberal friends un-friend me like this, and I consider them doing me a favor. I rarely comment on posts that they begin, but if they respond to mine, then all bets are off. If they are intolerant of my political views and fact-based arguments then they are of little worth to me. Good riddance.

Possibly the most liberal friend that still tolerates me is a lesbian. We get together at least monthly for dinner, beers, to ski or hike. One time she mentioned 'all those Trump supporters' and I laughed, asked her if I could show the shrine that I have set up for him in my house. She chuckled, realized that we were polar opposites on that issue, and that was that. Her "wife", however, has not shown her face since.

Typical liberal behavior.

It's probably a good thing that you found out, before the "dinner".

You should text him back a thank you.

Cool for your friends! Love ppl with principles. I'd invite you to the McDonalds that is located right inside our local Walmart, and I wouldn't eat any of their food, but that's about it.

Sorry, but no one wants to be infected with The Stupid. You Trumplickers wanted this, you wanted to see "liberal heads explode." You wanted to make a good part of America -- including family and friends -- angry because you voted for an incompetent, inept, clueless, classless, bankrupt, TV game show host only because you hate true American values.

Hey, reap what you sow!

Maybe you should rethink wearing the plaid skirts

Cool for your friends! Love ppl with principles. I'd invite you to the McDonalds that is located right inside our local Walmart, and I wouldn't eat any of their food, but that's about it.

Sorry, but no one wants to be infected with The Stupid. You Trumplickers wanted this, you wanted to see "liberal heads explode." You wanted to make a good part of America -- including family and friends -- angry because you voted for an incompetent, inept, clueless, classless, bankrupt, TV game show host only because you hate true American values.

Hey, reap what you sow!

OH - LOOK at how that cunt, Owl, is "just being her typical whiny gossip-girl bitchy cunt hypocritical self"??

095ea45e2311cd42867eb1923bf858c3.gif

It sounds like "John" is a brainwashed moronic lib. I doubt you'll miss ANYTHING by missing that dinner!

I doubt Opie has any friends at all.

People who are so abysmal and hateful as USFreedom911 do not want friends! What he wants is someone who will agree with his hateful miserable self.

Once realized, his so-called friends will be asking him to leave and never come back.

NO ONE, wants to deal with evil people like him! Life is too short! And there are plenty of good natured people who haven't ruined their souls with their hateful politics to hang out with!

I doubt Opie has any friends at all.

People who are so abysmal and hateful as USFreedom911 do not want friends! What he wants is someone who will agree with his hateful miserable self.

Once realized, his so-called friends will be asking him to leave and never come back.

NO ONE, wants to deal with evil people like him! Life is too short! And there are plenty of good natured people who haven't ruined their souls with their hateful politics to hang out with!

095ea45e2311cd42867eb1923bf858c3.gif

Your ex friend is intolerant of other political positions. This is the dictionary definition of "bigot." He did you a favor by cancelling.

If one word of this bullshit story is true, which I doubt, then good for John.

I would be amazed to learn anyone with that much class ever associated with you, but then his wife likely forced him to.

All that aside, Trumps list of lies is well documented and cataloged.

You trying to apply the standard, worn out old right-wing twist and spin will never change that.

I cannot believe that you Trump supporting idiots are turning on your own friends and family over Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has, at best, about 15 more months in power! After that he'll be gone forever, and go down in history as the largest mistake American Voters ever made. He will leave a giant shit stain in the history books- much worse than that of President Nixon. He will be the butte-end of jokes and the grief and discontent for him will last for decades to come- not just here in America, but for the world over! Right now Donald Trump is the most hated man in the entire world!

So it's not worth ruining your relationships with your friends and families over Donald Trump!

Perhaps it's time for you people to think about life after Donald Trump!

Perhaps it's time to check with yourselves and determine if your political and social views have become corrupted and skewed by Donald Trump!

Perhaps it's time to stop living a lie!

Last edited:
If one word of this bullshit story is true, which I doubt, then good for John.

I would be amazed to learn anyone with that much class ever associated with you, but then his wife likely forced him to.

All that aside, Trumps list of lies is well documented and cataloged.

You trying to apply the standard, worn out old right-wing twist and spin will never change that.

You're as closed-minded as John is.

It sounds like "John" is a brainwashed moronic lib. I doubt you'll miss ANYTHING by missing that dinner!

In fact, he's definitely the least entrepreneurial of any of my friends. He started off teaching high school, then went of to sell real estate, and ended up back at the public school system as a guidance councilor. Those who can...

Hey, reap what you sow!

you voted for an incompetent, inept, clueless, classless, bankrupt, TV game show host only because you hate true American values.

Incorrect. I voted against a lying corrupt inept woman who blatantly abused the protections designed to protect national security information. A woman who used her position as SOS to enrich her family thru it's so called charity, a woman who would have done more damage to the very fabric of the nation than Trump.

Trump's lies divide the country.

Back