Disaster in Columbus: Let the bodies hit the floor

IMAG1327.jpg

Stairs look ok. I liked them better before. The hallway upstairs look mostly nice. LOL we'll see what the customer thinks.

JMO.
The boards of the first floor (this one) took the stain differently. Some darker than others. The grain isn't uniform, it's sporadic and wild looking. The transition at the two rooms (you've already gave the explanation) looks rank.
Using the dark stain, you've successfully eliminated the 'wild' grain look and the visibly noticeable transition at the two rooms.

View attachment 8971 Looked so much nicer when you can see the beauty of the wood... the reason you use stain instead of paint.

I actually like the darker stain. It eliminates the wild grain look of the first floor.

Also, it's same color stain. The first time was how it's supposed to be applied. the second time is with it slopped on a dark as possible. It's the wrong way to do it. The floor will likely peel along the edges of the boards as they expand and contract with the seasons. I warned the guy and told I will not be responsible for the floors peeling. Congrats, you agreed with the idiot customer who likes all the boards the same color but doesn't want to use paint. LOL the guys is a fucking idiot because I explained why stain was the wrong choice for what he thought he wanted. Stain and poly are for transparent applications. That means you see the variations in the wood. Furniture is not a fair comparison because we can't use the same techniques. You don't fucking walk on furniture

Also, it's same color stain. The first time was how it's supposed to be applied. the second time is with it slopped on a dark as possible. It's the wrong way to do it. The floor will likely peel along the edges of the boards as they expand and contract with the seasons. I warned the guy and told I will not be responsible for the floors peeling. Congrats, you agreed with the idiot customer who likes all the boards the same color but doesn't want to use paint. LOL the guys is a fucking idiot because I explained why stain was the wrong choice for what he thought he wanted. Stain and poly are for transparent applications. That means you see the variations in the wood. Furniture is not a fair comparison because we can't use the same techniques. You don't fucking walk on furniture

I would imagine the Owner has a Plan, a Look, a Space that he has in mind that he wants to express. The wild and kaleidoscope flooring may not have fit in with HIS VISION.
(I know you as a Flooring Mechanic have a different perspective. You think everybody should walk through a House and stare at the floor)

:) hahaha ... we all have our preferences.

It helps when your preferences are grounded in reality, though. Really. It's not fair to demand I bend light. I can not make light refract the same off a stained floor in areas with curving grain or knotty burled wood. Oak floors are filled with such areas. Everywhere! Light delivers color, not the boards themselves

It helps when your preferences are grounded in reality, though. Really. It's not fair to demand I bend light. I can not make light refract the same off a stained floor in areas with curving grain or knotty burled wood. Oak floors are filled with such areas. Everywhere! Light delivers color, not the boards themselves

Work your Magic ... and get Paid for It. :thumbsup:

Back