DJIA Tops 14K

top... use caution with FXI...it did not experience a pullback when the Chinese market recently corrected. It seems over valued right now.

Damo, obviously you know the company better than me. And I do agree it'll go down a bit after the earnings. BUT, not but a couple of days of Iphone sales will be in the quarter. I think it goes to 175 easily in 12 months.

No disrespect intended but I have to shake my head on that one.

We often (rightfully) judge literacy rates in school but one thing that rarely gets tested is financial literacy which is exremely low in this country and understanding of how our economy and capital markets work.

Just listening to the experts not the politicians. You should not but much stock in what politicians say. Remember political advertisements/speeches are exempt from the truth in advertising law.

I've been thinking of unloading before they report the iPhone sales. The holdout on the reports makes me "iffy".

I bought long term puts on Apple today. That stock may trend to 145-150, but I think the downside risk outweighs upside potential at this point. (just my humble opinion)

Damo, obviously you know the company better than me. And I do agree it'll go down a bit after the earnings. BUT, not but a couple of days of Iphone sales will be in the quarter. I think it goes to 175 easily in 12 months.
apple will do ok, but I have to wonder why no iPhone sales figures have been released ....

I hope it holds together for the next 4 years, I will be set well too...
If it holds together for 8 I will be able to set up a scholorship fund.

freak, the earnings were growing just off of Ipods and Itunes and I think it was ok just on that growth.
Jobs wanted 1 millions sales by year end and he got that in a week.
Several brokers up there price targest to 160 / 170
Germany is getting 10,000 inquiries daily about the Iphone

Just listening to the experts not the politicians. You should not but much stock in what politicians say. Remember political advertisements/speeches are exempt from the truth in advertising law.

Some politicians are financially literate but they lie based on what their party position is. When I'm talking to you about the positive results of the tax cuts these are words being spoken by economists and market experts, not politicians.

usc thinks economics is for elitist, he didn't go to college and bashes anything high finance. What does he say for colgate who made the toothpaste that shines his tooth.

top... my problem with the iphone is that AT&T has the exclusive on it. That is going to limit sales. The money AT&T paid for the exclusivity is already priced in. As are the sales estimates. A bit too pricy right now. Just my opinion on the short term prospects. Which is why I bought puts on it. Doesn't mean you won't be okay holding on to it for the next several years. I just think short term it is coming down.

top... my problem with the iphone is that AT&T has the exclusive on it. That is going to limit sales. The money AT&T paid for the exclusivity is already priced in. As are the sales estimates. A bit too pricy right now. Just my opinion on the short term prospects. Which is why I bought puts on it. Doesn't mean you won't be okay holding on to it for the next several years. I just think short term it is coming down.

Do you think that they are going to change that? Open it up to other providers like Verizon?

Yes, since March of 2003 it is up a bit over 85%. Given that you are predominantly in oil and international, you should be fine. But the US market is becoming overly euphoric again (similar to 1999). While I won't advocate fighting the technical trends, I would definitely advocate a very close eye on the market... it is moving too fast and a correction is likely in the short term.

I agree. That is why I put my money in moderate to low risk categories.
A bit less profit but more security.
Oh I did keep out 100 grand to play the high risk stuff day trading with.
what are your recommendations for safe investing now ? I have the rest of my investment property money coming soon. Just curious.

At&t has a two year exclusive.
Limit sale, I'll be mature and not laugh. Estimate of 1mm, yes estimate. But surely you've seen the initial lines of thousands at hundreds of stores.
Apples site has listed in the first week almost all store out of inventory.
The general consensus is that 18mm in 2yrs will be blown away. I do agree with you on the qtr though and that's what your betting. that said last week burned a lot of short.:clink:
that's what makes a market you need a buyer and seller. Good luck on the puts that's way riskier than a straignt but but you'll be loaded when it hits.:clink:

I don't know, if your last tooth false out I guess we have our answer.
P.S. if you were 20 today knowing what you know would you go to college?

I agree. That is why I put my money in moderate to low risk categories.
A bit less profit but more security.
Oh I did keep out 100 grand to play the high risk stuff day trading with.
what are your recommendations for safe investing now ? I have the rest of my investment property money coming soon. Just curious.

Obviously, as you did before, check with your personal advisor (as everyone should when receiving "advice" on the net) or do your own research....

But my opinion is to stick with defensive sectors like healthcare, consumer staples. Energy is a good play as well. I think commerical real estate is the safest way to get a decent income stream with backside cap gain appreciation upon the sale of property (or REIT... depending on how you invest)

Avoid anything with CDO exposure... once they start pricing, anything with exposure is going to take a hit.

Back