do you guys remember when

I also know that there were fines levied for those who didn't want to write sub-prime loans. That they allowed people to package these things and play hot potato with them doesn't change that.

Pretending that the requirement isn't there because they wrote "more" than required is pretense. Just like now with the "we'll fine you if you write bad loans" without defining what is required to count it as a "good" loan makes them fear writing the loans and makes getting a mortgage more difficult, fining people for not writing enough of them without defining "enough" caused them to write more than they would have otherwise.

That it continued over several Presidents so they all could proclaim that "more <insert group here> than ever own homes" doesn't change that this was the foundation of the crisis.

damo there would have been no way for them to make money off the SP if they had not been able to dump them soon after writing them.

They knew they would explode.

they made money in writing the lonas and then they made money in dumping them fraudulently.

Its the ONLY reason they wrote them at the levels they did.

saying ANYTHING other than that is a fucking lie.

It was all about the money.

Remember you guys told me for years that the only responsibility of a corporation is to make money.

uscitizen now owns everyone of you.

You trashed him daily and now it proves he was the prophet and you were the clowns

If you say 'we are going to have a downturn' every year, sooner or later you are going to be correct.

UScit does not own any of us Desh.

It all depends on who gets elected.

you elect the deregulator idiots and it will be alot sooner and harder

You do know that the deregulation came under CLINTON... not Bush.

also, it does not depend on who gets elected. Bush dug a hole, Obama got in and kept right on digging. 2013 is the year to take the pain. If they push the problems beyond that, we are in serious trouble. Given the problems in Europe and China right now... 2013 is going to be an unlucky year.

Every hard right con was talking shit to us.

Are you now convinced that tax cuts for the wealthy dont trickle down?

When did you come to that reality?

actually, it is you that is on here talking shit. Grind just pointed out to you that your threads show nothing of the sort. So can you link us up to what you are referring to or not?

Oh so what is their pupose to exsist then?

So you are saying you can't link to anybody saying what you claim? Not much different. You stand around and believe real hard that somebody said something but when asked to back up the claim we find that you have nothing, you paint your "memories" the color of Desh and then say everybody was wearing Desh...

I remember when I pointed stuff like this out:

425827_10151094658615197_1744394679_n.jpg

Do you remember we were in recession when Bush took over? Somehow, with your revisionist memory, I doubt it and think you continue to believe that it was all surplus and no downturn back then...

So you are saying you can't link to anybody saying what you claim? Not much different. You stand around and believe real hard that somebody said something but when asked to back up the claim we find that you have nothing, you paint your "memories" the color of Desh and then say everybody was wearing Desh...

UCLA Law Professor Stephen Bainbridge, who has written in the area of the fiduciary responsibility of corporations extensively, points out what’s wrong the entire “corporate social responsibility” argument that the President and others have been making recently:

"The social obligation of business is to sustainably maximize long-term profits for shareholders. Nothing more. Nothing less."

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/the-social-responsibility-of-business-is-to-earn-a-profit/

UCLA Law Professor Stephen Bainbridge, who has written in the area of the fiduciary responsibility of corporations extensively, points out what’s wrong the entire “corporate social responsibility” argument that the President and others have been making recently:

"The social obligation of business is to sustainably maximize long-term profits for shareholders. Nothing more. Nothing less."

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/the-social-responsibility-of-business-is-to-earn-a-profit/

How stupid are we to believe otherwise! Most corporations when left to their own devices will not do the "right" things.

interestingly, his analysis of his conclusion does not really support his conclusion. rather, it rambles on and on about nuances in the contract world, duties to SH's etc...but never once does he actually support his statement above.

If you say 'we are going to have a downturn' every year, sooner or later you are going to be correct.

UScit does not own any of us Desh.

Yeah, for years I explained this, but she'll continue to think it means I said he was "wrong"...

What I said was, "It doesn't take effort to predict a downturn, because there always will be one coming."

Yeah, for years I explained this, but she'll continue to think it means I said he was "wrong"...

What I said was, "It doesn't take effort to predict a downturn, because there always will be one coming."

So you still insist on calling it a downturn despite all the evidence to the contrary.

The Dalai Damocles has accurately predicted every event for years. Just ask him.

Back