Does the cosmos have a reason?

This thread as presented in the OP had nothing to do with the bible, Christianity, or Judaism. You and that Obtenator troll just turned it into a pissing contest between Team Holy Roller versus Team Militant Atheist.
OH no, your thread became interesting.

how awful for you, exalted cyclops of the idiot brotherhood.

This thread as presented in the OP had nothing to do with the bible, Christianity, or Judaism. You and that Obtenator troll just turned it into a pissing contest between Team Holy Roller versus Team Militant Atheist.
you lost this thread.

now you complain about topic change.

you can't even do a basic text analysis for characters, plot points, and themes.

OH no, your thread became interesting.

how awful for you, exalted cyclops of the idiot brotherhood.
It doesn't become interesting when some idiot tries to downplay that Paul was the foundational figure in Christian practice and theology; or when some MAGA moron says jews are evil.

At that point, I'm just dealing with idiocy and bigotry.

It doesn't become interesting when some idiot tries to downplay that Paul was the foundational figure in Christian practice and theology; or when some MAGA moron says jews are evil.

.....According to the Catholic church.
the catholic church does not define christianity for everyone.

in fact, I'm positive they got most things wrong.

the catholic church does not define christianity for everyone.

in fact, I'm positive they got most things wrong.
Wrong again chap, as per usual . Martin Luther and John Calvin pointed to Paul as the foundational touchstone of Christian practice & theology. Paul is the keystone of Protestant's sola fide, sola scriptura theology.

Matin Luther and John Calvin read the Pauline epistles about the churches in his ministry to the gentiles, and didn't see any mention of the mystical baggage that characterized the Catholic church - transubstantiation, veneration of saints and relics, some of the holy sacraments, a priestly class endowed with special powers to mediate between the laity and the divine, priestly celibacy, etc. - and they read Paul as indicating grace came by faith alone, not works.

That's why Paul might be even more of a touchstone for Protestant belief and practice than he is for Catholic practice.

Matin Luther and John Calvin read the Pauline epistles about the churches in his ministry to the gentiles, and didn't see any mention of the mystical baggage that characterized the Catholic church - transubstantiation, veneration of saints and relics, some of the holy sacraments, a priestly class endowed with special powers to mediate between the laity and the divine, priestly celibacy, etc. - and they read Paul as indicating grace came by faith alone, not works.

That's why Paul might be even more of a touchstone for Protestant belief and practice than he is for Catholic practice.
or maybe people just read for themselves and not have to choose a cult of personality.

I didn't say Jews were evil, I said man of them rejected Jesus.

that's a major plot point of the Bible, smarty pants.

are you dumb or something?

or maybe people just read for themselves and not have to choose a cult of personality.
It didn't just spontaneously happen among "the people"

It happened because because Luther, Zwingli, Calvin - aka the Protestant founding fathers - inspired people to supposedly return to the simplicity of the early churches, ditch the mysticism and heirachy of Catholic church, and embrace the principle of Sola fide that Paul seems to advocate.

It didn't just spontaneously happen among "the people"

It happened because because Luther, Zwingli, Calvin - aka the Protestant founding fathers - inspired people to supposedly return to the simplicity of the early churches, ditch the mysticism and heirachy of Catholic church, and embrace the concept of Sola fide that Paul seems to advocate.
they influenced some people.

but their opinions are not binding or definitive more than anyone else's reading.

you're fundamentally an elitist asshole.

they influenced some people.

but their opinions are not binding or definitive more than anyone else's reading.

you're fundamentally an elitist asshole.
I've found that most white Christian nationalists don't even understand their own religion. A lot of them, like you, don't even attend church or put the work in to participate in religious community and fellowship.

Having knowledge is not elitist. Staying home and Googling a few quotes from the New Testament is never going to give you the kind of integrated religious knowledge one gets from reading books by religious scholars, participating in a religious community, or putting minimal effort to learn Christian history.

I've found that most white Christian nationalists don't even understand their own religion. A lot of them, like you, don't even attend church or put the work in to participate in religious community and fellowship.

Having knowledge is not elitist. Staying home and Googling a few quotes from the New Testament is never going to give you the kind of integrated religious knowledge one gets from reading books by religious scholars, participating in a religious community, or putting minimal effort to learn Christian history.
this is what you always say.

yet you ignore plain text readings.

you're a fraud.

You can't read Greek or Hebrew so you don't actually know what the Christian bible says. All translation can give you is an approximation, and sometimes even that is inadequate to convey original meaning and intent.
I call bullshit.
you're an elitist with no basis besides smoke up your own asshole.

we can all read.

You can't read Greek or Hebrew so you don't actually know what the Christian bible says. All translation can give you is an approximation, and sometimes even that is inadequate to convey original meaning and intent.
You won't navigate space living uniquely you daily admitting your time here is actually existing eternally separated because of genetic outcome by your previous 4 generation gaps combined..

^^^ Claims it's 'elitist' to mention the New Testament is written in Greek.
it's elitist to think only Greek speaker can "possibly" understand the Bible.

the translations available are good enough, asshole.

you're just a prick who think Aquinas is somehow authoritative when he's not even in the bible.

Why do intellectual minds always say they are smarter than anyone navigating time adapting as displaced with their own brain?
What Pagan Empire wrote the New Testament after converting from Paganism to the new found Christianity that started the whole New World Order mantra?

some 1,600 years ago? 400 years after it crucified Jesus by social consensus of every religion at that time.

Last edited:
you said more than that.

you said people who cant read Greek can't possibly understand the Bible.

the fact you have to lie all time should indicate to you that you're not in accordance with the ways of the Nazarene.

you said more than that.

you said people who cant read Greek can't possibly understand the Bible.

the fact you have to lie all time should indicate to you that you're not in accordance with the ways of the Nazarene.
No. Not being able to read Greek puts you at a disadvantage compared to someone who can read Greek.

But I also know you do not understand the bible, even in English translation, because you did not know the two most famous sermons in the New Testament.

Back