D’Oh! 1 in 4 Americans don’t know Earth circles Sun?!!

Not "ignorant" as that would imply one not knowing. I know what the theories are. I can pass the tests...to put it that way. Un-accepting maybe a better term.

Also, I would fall far short of referring to the evolutionary theory as a "foundational concept." Foundational implies a concept upon which the other concepts stand. Few concepts of Biology have to have the evolutional theory as their foundation.
You're dead wrong there. Many, if not most biological theories, including virtually all applied fields of biology are founded on evolutionary theory. There are essentially five foundational theories in biology. Evolutionionary Theory, Cell Theory, Gene Theory, Homeostasis and Ecology (Thermodynamics of living systems). These foundational theories are all intereconnected too.

Molecular biology, Population Genetics, Genome studies, Agronomy/Agriculture, Zoology, Bioengineering, Botany, cell biology, developmental biology, marine biology, microbiology, toxicology, virology, physiology, etc, etc are all appied branches of evolutionary theory. Withdraw the foundational concept of evolutionary biology and you undermine the theoretical underpinnings of all these applied fields of biology to the point that they would have little, if any, scientific validity. All of these fields of biology are built upon evolutionary theory as their basis.

So your are factually wrong. A vast number of concepts in biology our based on evolutionary theory and, in fact, to quote Dr. Theodore Dobzhansky, Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolutionary theory. Dr. Dobzhansky was, of course, refering to the modern evolutionary synthesis.

http://www.2think.org/dobzhansky.shtml

Last edited:
http://rt.com/usa/science-education-survey-americans-178/

7e5d24b6cc20b8918bbd7d7210b51b8f.jpg

I wonder how many American's believe the earth is flat too?

Sherri Shepherd.

When I was in first grade, we had a colorful cardboard sun that we would march around on our birthdays, while the class sang The Earth Goes Around the Sun song. It not only taught us that the Earth orbits the Sun, but also the length of time in months, weeks, and days.

I can believe it. 79,925,000 people in the USA don't know this stuff. But I think they surveyed a pant load of 4 year olds, the rest, under 18 and products of an education system owned and operated by "progressives".

Waiting for Copernicus

Are You An Idiot? Are you still waiting for Copernicus?

26% of Americans Still Don't Know Earth Revolves Around Sun!

It would be funny if it weren't true. And these people vote based on their extensive knowledge of how things work! As I said earlier: No wonder advertising is a multi-billion industry that produces increased sales! There are a lot or really fucking ignorant people in the United States. I wonder how many of these geniuses are running their own businesses and making millions! No wonder this country is so fucked up! Ignorance is not only bliss but it is widespread!

"Americans are enthusiastic about the promise of science but lack basic knowledge of it, with one in four unaware that the Earth revolves around the Sun, said a poll out Friday.
The survey included more than 2,200 people in the United States and was conducted by the National Science Foundation.

Nine questions about physical and biological science were on the quiz, and the average score -- 6.5 correct -- was barely a passing grade.

Just 74 percent of respondents knew that the Earth revolved around the Sun, according to the results released at the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Chicago."

This came from Daily Kos! But I'm sure it is available in other places on the interwebs! Google it if you know how! If not: Go outside and continue Waiting For Copernicus.

Go ahead Idiots--Make My Day!

Are You An Idiot? Are you still waiting for Copernicus?

26% of Americans Still Don't Know Earth Revolves Around Sun!

It would be funny if it weren't true. And these people vote based on their extensive knowledge of how things work! As I said earlier: No wonder advertising is a multi-billion industry that produces increased sales! There are a lot or really fucking ignorant people in the United States. I wonder how many of these geniuses are running their own businesses and making millions! No wonder this country is so fucked up! Ignorance is not only bliss but it is widespread!

"Americans are enthusiastic about the promise of science but lack basic knowledge of it, with one in four unaware that the Earth revolves around the Sun, said a poll out Friday.
The survey included more than 2,200 people in the United States and was conducted by the National Science Foundation.

Nine questions about physical and biological science were on the quiz, and the average score -- 6.5 correct -- was barely a passing grade.

Just 74 percent of respondents knew that the Earth revolved around the Sun, according to the results released at the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Chicago."

This came from Daily Kos! But I'm sure it is available in other places on the interwebs! Google it if you know how! If not: Go outside and continue Waiting For Copernicus.

Go ahead Idiots--Make My Day!

In your case, the Sun revolves around Uranus.

Waiting for Copernicus

Yes all liberal voters know this. 100% of them. Who doesn't know that lefties are the smartiest smarties in the whole planet. If only everyone were as smarty smarty as Darla and Dante's. What a wonderful day it would be

Back