Drama Queens

AnyOldIron

Atheist Missionary
A New York gallery has angered a US Catholic group with its decision to exhibit a milk chocolate sculpture of Jesus Christ.

The six-foot (1.8m) sculpture, entitled "My Sweet Lord", depicts Jesus Christ naked on the cross.

Catholic League head Bill Donohue called it "one of the worst assaults on Christian sensibilities ever".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6509127.stm

Ha ha ha! If they think chocolate JC is one of the worst assaults on Christian sensibilities ever they should come see me....

I suppose, all mocking aside, the question is... do the religious have the right to not be offended?

If they do, then so do the non-religious, and if religion offends them..... you can guess the rest.

I suppose, all mocking aside, the question is... do the religious have the right to not be offended?

If they do, then so do the non-religious, and if religion offends them..... you can guess the rest.

No, I don't have the right not to be offended. I didn't have the right not to be offended with Piss Christ, but I should not have to support that piece of trash art with my tax dollars.

But, my chuch displays a crucifix (cross with Jesus hanging on it) in the sanctuary. I believe every Catholic Church I have been in has a Crucifix. Most do NOT show him naked though. How is My Sweet Lord different than these? Why should it offend anyone? Because he is naked? So is the Statue of David. Who cares?

Immie

Do blacks have the right not be offended? How about gays? Do you believe in hate crimes/speech legislation?

Not significantly different...

So you believe in hate crime legislation, but no protection for some groups deemed "nonphysical"?

I am really not so sure I support hate crime leglislation per sie. I believe a crime is a crime and the hate crime label is really a moot point. I am not so sure that the punishment should be more just because of prejudice being involved in the crime. I guess the hate aspect of the crime is just to say it was premeditated vs a spur of the moment crime. Like the degrees of Murder.

Are the Christians upset over the dark colored Jesus ? The fact that he is naked ? or the fact this it is candy ? Or is this just another example of their need to feel persecuted ?

Are the Christians upset over the dark colored Jesus ? The fact that he is naked ? or the fact this it is candy ? Or is this just another example of their need to feel persecuted ?

They are persecuted. It's the only group who it's ok to mock and ridicule, according to the PC police. It's a hypocritical double standard.

Last edited:
Yeah, persecuted all right. they pay no property, sales or income taxes , that is real persecution. Please persecute me in that manner :D
Many Christians also do their fair share of persecution.
It is not nice to tell me I am going to burn in hell now is it ?

they also have sopecial laws about no liquor stores, bars, etc with a certain distance of a church, etc...special free police to stop traffic for them on sundays, the list goes on.

they also have sopecial laws about no liquor stores, bars, etc with a certain distance of a church, etc...special free police to stop traffic for them on sundays, the list goes on.

YEs. It's near theocracy i tell you!

The police also help out at sporting events, or fairs, or funerals. why do you have so much hate inside you?

Back