Drama Queens

No, I don't have the right not to be offended. I didn't have the right not to be offended with Piss Christ, but I should not have to support that piece of trash art with my tax dollars.

But, my chuch displays a crucifix (cross with Jesus hanging on it) in the sanctuary. I believe every Catholic Church I have been in has a Crucifix. Most do NOT show him naked though. How is My Sweet Lord different than these? Why should it offend anyone? Because he is naked? So is the Statue of David. Who cares?

Immie

Id have never heard about this statue or seen it had it not been for that idiot Donohue.

Yeah, persecuted all right. they pay no property, sales or income taxes , that is real persecution. Please persecute me in that manner :D
Many Christians also do their fair share of persecution.
It is not nice to tell me I am going to burn in hell now is it ?

And black people openly have race based political organizations specifically to further their own people. Does that mean they should be picked on? You're intellectually inconsistent. I know it's fashionable, but it's stupid.

YEs. It's near theocracy i tell you!

The police also help out at sporting events, or fairs, or funerals. why do you have so much hate inside you?

Umm I feel the same way on sporting events. We have to pay for cops at funerals here. Only govt sponsored events should include unpaid police support.

All non govt events should have to pay for any extra police support.

Are the Christians upset over the dark colored Jesus ? The fact that he is naked ? or the fact this it is candy ? Or is this just another example of their need to feel persecuted ?
It may be that his "image" will be eaten...

I have yet to meet a christian upset that Christ in other nations is depicted differently. In some he is black usually, in others the image appears more semitic (probably more original).

I think it is mostly false outrage. Persecution draws followers and keeps them. If there isn't any they have to seek it out.

Yeah, persecuted all right. they pay no property, sales or income taxes , that is real persecution. Please persecute me in that manner :D

BS!

I am Christian. I pay Property Taxes. I pay Sales Taxes. I pay Income Taxes and God only knows how many other taxes... let's see, Social Security, Medicare... oh don't get me started on how over taxed I am. :D

Immie

[/i]It may be that his "image" will be eaten...[/i]

thats weird aren't they actually eating Christ at every church visit. Transsubstantiation. I like saying that word.

BS!

I am Christian. I pay Property Taxes. I pay Sales Taxes. I pay Income Taxes and God only knows how many other taxes... let's see, Social Security, Medicare... oh don't get me started on how over taxed I am. :D

Immie

but your religious establishemnt does not. Everyone supports those establishmnts, roads water sewer, fire, police, etc, whether they are Christians or not.

Communion, drink Christs blood and Eat his flesh would be much better if Chocolate instead of horrible crackers.

Oh and btw Jesus was not the only one who rose from the dead during the Crucifixion time frame, check your Bible.

"Are the Christians upset over the dark colored Jesus ? The fact that he is naked ? or the fact this it is candy ? Or is this just another example of their need to feel persecuted ?"

My guess would be that the first is the biggest issue, the second a lesser one. Doubt the fact that it being made of candy is a factor. Could be wrong, but given that we see countless chocolate easter bunnies etc..., they could hardly be pissed about candy being tied into religion.

yeah after all easter eggs/bunnies are holdovers from the pagan rites of fertility.
and the local church has an Easter Egg hunt every easter, held in the shadow of an Easter cross.....

That reminds this Atheist has to make a couple of crosses this week for the church....

Seems that I am the only one they can get to do it...

yeah after all easter eggs/bunnies are holdovers from the pagan rites of fertility.
and the local church has an Easter Egg hunt every easter, held in the shadow of an Easter cross.....

That reminds this Atheist has to make a couple of crosses this week for the church....

Seems that I am the only one they can get to do it...
Once again, regardless of where it came from, it is what it is currently used to teach that makes the difference. It teaches the kids to exhibit joy for a holiday that otherwise would remain perpetually boring throughout a long life.

That the Christians were smart enough to incorporate dates and objects from other religions doesn't make them suddenly wrong. It makes them fricking geniuses.

Oh Christains have been brilliant at weaving their religious tapestry throughout our lives and cultures..no debate from me at all on that.

Back