Driving Old Dixie Down

Not to mention thin skinned!

WB, it is in no way comparable to racism and sexism. You know what it is exactly comparable to? Bashing NY and New Yorkers. Which has been done tons on this board. I always take it as coming from pussies too scared of their own shadows to walk around NY. You know, guys like Superfreak. I could give a crap!

I don't get that? WTF?

No clue. But he does blame all criticism of Obama and his admin on the fact that Obama is black... so combine the two and it really makes no sense.

That said, he claims above that his account was hacked... which if true would explain it.

Did you seriously get hacked?

No, silly.

Not to mention thin skinned!

WB, it is in no way comparable to racism and sexism. You know what it is exactly comparable to? Bashing NY and New Yorkers. Which has been done tons on this board. I always take it as coming from pussies too scared of their own shadows to walk around NY. You know, guys like Superfreak. I could give a crap!

I think the State of Ohio is the most maligned state on here.

Racist much?

I don't get that? WTF?

It was an attempt at satire that went horribly down the racist path. I'm sorry. What I meant to convey is that blacks, southern and otherwise, are beaten down far more than southern whites and don't deserve it.

I honestly deal with blacks down here who display far more intelligence and integrity than many, many whites. Even the whites around here are not the brightest lights on the tree.

Welp

1) southerners aren't a historically or modernly oppressed people, so I don't really feel like what I am saying about them is anyway comparable to say, racist comments about black people.

2) It's a fact that the southern united states has a lower IQ, lower education than the rest of the nation

3) many southerners lack perspective on the modern world, they are often extremely ignorant to anything outside their rural community

4) many are religious, and they have that religion permeate into influencing u.s. public policy

5) they in general contribute a great deal to holding this nation back.
What's your education?

Howey, are you native to the South or did you move there from a patrician state? I just find it odd that you live in Florida when you come off as a bit cosmopolitan for the South.

No, silly.

I think the State of Ohio is the most maligned state on here.

It was an attempt at satire that went horribly down the racist path. I'm sorry. What I meant to convey is that blacks, southern and otherwise, are beaten down far more than southern whites and don't deserve it.

I honestly deal with blacks down here who display far more intelligence and integrity than many, many whites. Even the whites around here are not the brightest lights on the tree.

Ah, I thought maybe you had had a stroke!

Howey, are you native to the South or did you move there from a patrician state? I just find it odd that you live in Florida when you come off as a bit cosmopolitan for the South.

Doesn't it depend on where one is in Florida? My understanding is from a certain point in the state south they don't really consider it the "south". It's mostly retired northeasterners and then places like Miami where people come from all over the world.

I know I'm going to get a lot of abuse here for this, but that makes it even better because it only means I'll have pissed off more Southerners.

I am in the city today and needed to get to the Javits center from Penn. Normally I might walk but it was raining just enough that my hair would have been destroyed. So I cross the street to stand in front of the a large hotel right across from Penn where the doorman is getting taxis. I am standing there and I'm next in line and the guy is getting these four women into a taxi. So a couple waltzes along and the woman goes and talks to the guy, and the plants herself in front of me with a clueless look on her face. At this point I didn't even know she was a Southerner. I just looked at her. She actually has the nerve to smile at me, one of those, where am I? smiles. So I ask her if she's waiting for a taxi. She says yes, and then I hear her voice.

So very nicely, but firmly, I tell her, well I'm next in line. And she puts on this whole southern bell shit show (she is about 55, so really stretching that crap). Oh, is that how it works? My goodness I do not know the etiquette! Inside I am rolling my eyes, but I just say, oh that's okay. And she walks behind me. She then has the temerity to tap me on the shoulder and say, excuse me I work very hard not to be rude (wtf?), I didn't know the etiquette. So now I am getting tired of this show, and I turn around and say very sweetly (and trust me contrary to what has been rumored, I have a very sweet voice), "oh my goodness really? you know for all the places I have been, I have not been down south...they don't have lines there?"

Boy did her face twist up. I mean, she was steaming. Now I am trying really hard not to laugh. What a passive aggressive asshole. She was so passive aggressive it was a bit startling. I bet she thinks butter just won't melt in her mouth though.

So the next taxi comes and asks where I'm going, I say Javitz, he says no, and starts to ask el bitcho where she is going. I know he doesn't want to do the return empty because no one is leaving Javits at this hour, so I say, I'll give you an extra 20. He says get in. I turned around and winked at ole Scarlett. Her mouth was so twisted by now I couldn't not laugh.

I would have paid that guy 100 to make sure she didn't get a taxi before me. I mean, there was no way that was happening.

I am in Javits now and I am still laughing.

When are these Southerners going to get tired of getting their asses kicked by northerners?
Where were you when Grant needed you? LOL

Welp

1) southerners aren't a historically or modernly oppressed people, so I don't really feel like what I am saying about them is anyway comparable to say, racist comments about black people.

2) It's a fact that the southern united states has a lower IQ, lower education than the rest of the nation

3) many southerners lack perspective on the modern world, they are often extremely ignorant to anything outside their rural community

4) many are religious, and they have that religion permeate into influencing u.s. public policy

5) they in general contribute a great deal to holding this nation back.
But like God and Jesus....we still love them! :)

Back