Driving Old Dixie Down

"I think the State of Ohio is the most maligned state on here." Na, they don't give a shit about Ohio. They're just fucking with me. :)

Topspin is the one who dug into the HS/GED closet again. I don't even know the status of Grind's collegiate exploits at present. Top is just bitter he grew up in the bijous.

Topspin is the one who dug into the HS/GED closet again. I don't even know the status of Grind's collegiate exploits at present. Top is just bitter he grew up in the bijous.
Not hardly. Grind popped off the mouth about southern education and got burned by a Southerner who's better educated than Grind. Tit for tat.

Well, Mott, if you think southern education is worth a damn, good for you. This thread is ultimately about how pathetic the South is, after all.

Dude, he lives in Boston!

Well, that makes him smart and sophisticated.

He barley got out of public high school!

lol...give up, Top.

Howey, are you native to the South or did you move there from a patrician state? I just find it odd that you live in Florida when you come off as a bit cosmopolitan for the South.

I grew up in Arizona, Canada, Kansas, Illinois, Texas, and seven years in Germany. Mostly Germany until we came to the states when I was 17. Military brat, ya know...

Doesn't it depend on where one is in Florida? My understanding is from a certain point in the state south they don't really consider it the "south". It's mostly retired northeasterners and then places like Miami where people come from all over the world.

Don't let them fool ya. Once they retire down here they catch the stupid. Snowbirds and Canadians are cool. We consider the panhandle "Lower Alabama", northeast Fl Georgia, and southern Florida South NY. Everything in the middle (where I am) is called the Armpit of Florida, filled with smelly natives, retirees, and Disney.

ewwww....Wonder what the view was from there???

Just an FYI...

We call for taxis here, the tns are all easy to remember... 303-777-7777 or 303-333-3333... There's no waiting in line, etc. I'm sure that there is something like that at the airport, but most people get rides to the airport from friends or family rather than pay for taxis. Some dude from CO probably wouldn't have known. Of course I probably would have simply asked, "Is there a line?"

Well, that makes him smart and sophisticated.

lol...give up, Top.

I grew up in Arizona, Canada, Kansas, Illinois, Texas, and seven years in Germany. Mostly Germany until we came to the states when I was 17. Military brat, ya know...

Don't let them fool ya. Once they retire down here they catch the stupid. Snowbirds and Canadians are cool. We consider the panhandle "Lower Alabama", northeast Fl Georgia, and southern Florida South NY. Everything in the middle (where I am) is called the Armpit of Florida, filled with smelly natives, retirees, and Disney.

ewwww....Wonder what the view was from there???

Ah, so after seven years in Germany you needed to settle in a similarly uncivilized region.

Just an FYI...

We call for taxis here, the tns are all easy to remember... 303-777-7777 or 303-333-3333... There's no waiting in line, etc. I'm sure that there is something like that at the airport, but most people get rides to the airport from friends or family rather than pay for taxis. Some dude from CO probably wouldn't have known. Of course I probably would have simply asked, "Is there a line?"

Pretty much the same in Seattle. You can't really count on just waiting for a cab unless it's a major event.

Well, Mott, if you think southern education is worth a damn, good for you. This thread is ultimately about how pathetic the South is, after all.
Oh please. What would you know about the South? You've never lived there! The South has it's picadillo's. Vast number or xenophobic reactionaries, an agricultural economic heritage that puts it at odds with modernity and historically retarded its economic development and an archaic social organization directly descended from European landed aristocracy, etc, etc.

You talk about the south like it's this vast monolith of Dixies. Certainly conservative mouth breathing bubbas abound in the south but before you start casting stones you should probably go visit your local trailer park and discover that conservative white mouth breathing bubbas exist every damned where in the country.

Now I'm not big on southern cultural values. It's the main reason why I left the Republican party. It had become a coalition of Plutocrats and angry white rednecks, mostly from the south and rural midwest.

But I lived in the south and most of the people I met were great! Friendly, courteous, convivial and who believe in community and faith. Warm hearted people ready with a smile and a hello and swift offer you a meal and quick to lend their support when tragedy strike. Yes, them southerners do have their picadellos and I can't abide by some of them but one thing southerners are not is pathetic.

Just an FYI...

Same here 614-444-4444

Doesn't it depend on where one is in Florida? My understanding is from a certain point in the state south they don't really consider it the "south". It's mostly retired northeasterners and then places like Miami where people come from all over the world.
That would be approximately south of Tampa/St. Pete. North of that and you're in the south. South of that and your heading into Latin America and snow bird territory.

The hottest woman are in Louisiana.
I can't agree. Southern Florida has you ragin cajuns beat but ya'll are #2 in my book but I have to admit that I'm biased towards racially diverse women. I have to admit I saw a lot of drop dead gorgeous African, Creole and Mestizo women in Narlins.....but not as many as I saw in Yourami.

I can't agree. Southern Florida has you ragin cajuns beat but ya'll are #2 in my book but I have to admit that I'm biased towards racially diverse women. I have to admit I saw a lot of drop dead gorgeous African, Creole and Mestizo women in Narlins.....but not as many as I saw in Yourami.
Nobody is from Miami,

Back