Drummie's Musical Favorites

They were just kids at the time of this video.

I know, right?

In later years, they actually played their own instruments.

IINM, I believe Mickey Dolenz took drum lessons for a year before he was at all proficient.

And this song was penned by Neil Diamond.

You probably knew that, but for those who didn't, now they do.

:)

I know, right?

In later years, they actually played their own instruments.

IINM, I believe Mickey Dolenz took drum lessons for a year before he was at all proficient.

And this song was penned by Neil Diamond.

You probably knew that, but for those who didn't, now they do.

:)

I didn't known about Neil Diamond, but I believe that Peter Torx wrote some of their songs.

Deep Purple by Nino Tempo and April Stevens

Daily Doo Wop
7.02K subscribers

Peter DeRose wrote “Deep Purple” as a piano composition in the 1930s. It became very popular, and Mitchell Parish added lyrics a few years later. In 1963, this version by siblings Nino Tempo and April Stevens went to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and won the Grammy Award for Best Rock and Roll Record. The way April Stevens speaks the lyrics adds to the feeling of a love now gone. The record sold more than one million copies and earned them an RIAA gold record.

Nino Tempo was born Antonino LoTiempo, in Niagara Falls, New York. He is a musician, singer, and actor. Tempo is known for his jazz clarinet and tenor saxophone playing. He has appeared in the films The Red Pony, The Glenn Miller Story, and Operation Petticoat. He was worked with Maynard Ferguson, the Modern Jazz Quarter, and as a member of The Wrecking Crew session musicians for Phil Spector.

April Stevens was born Carol LoTiempo, in Niagara Falls, New York, and started recording when she was just a teenager. At 15, she recorded Cole Porter's "I'm in Love Again" with the Henri René Orchestra, which went to #6 on the U.S. Pop Chart. She also had success with "Whispering," "All Strung Out," "The Coldest Night of the Year," and "Wanting You."

Here are the lyrics:

"Oh oh oh whoah oh uh whoah oh oh
When the deep purple falls over sleepy garden walls
And the stars begin to twinkle in the night
In the mist of a memory, you wander on back to me
Breathing my name with a sigh-igh-yigh

In the still of the night once again I hold you tight
Though you're gone, your love lives on when moonlight beams
And as long as my heart will beat, sweet lover, we'll always meet
Here in my deep purple dreams

When the deep purple falls over sleepy garden walls
And the stars begin to twinkle in the night
In the mist of a memory, you wander back to me
Breathing my name with a sigh-igh-yigh

In the still of the night once again I hold you tight
Though you're gone, your love lives on when moonlight beams
Here in my deep purple dreams

Here in my deep purple dreams"

Sinéad O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2U [Official Music Video]

Molly, it took me two years before I could listen to this again. Nothing compares to you.

Back