Ducks destroy USC; can SEC doubters continue to deny their greatness?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
People continue to make the assumption that fast-paced football is somehow inferior to the fire-and-brimstone defensive theatrics of the Southeastern Conference; this is why I am hoping that Alabama plays Oregon for the national championship — because it feels like it could be a determinative moment for the hurry-up offense, and for the wide-open future of the sport.

The Ducks survived their gut-check moment exactly as I hoped they would: They just kept moving faster and faster and faster and faster and FASTER, handing the ball to running back Kenjon Barner, gashing the USC defense, allowing points to be scored against them only so they'd have time to score even more.

At one point, USC cut it to 41-38, but the Ducks kept moving, kept hitting paydirt, and put up 62, the most points scored against USC in school history.

In the end, Lane Kiffin was so flummoxed that, when his team scored with one second left to cut it to 62-51, he chose to go for a two-point conversion.

This is what the best teams do: They force you to play on their terms, and as evidenced by Lane Kiffin's punch-drunk logic, Oregon had succeeded.

Nick Saban is not Lane Kiffin, I promise you that.

I also think our D can slow the scoring. I do not think they will stop it, but they will slow it.

A defense with fast corners and a monster D line could disrupt them completely.

But I am nervous about Bama's ability to play against a hurry up offense. But we could hold them better than they could hold us. Our offense is sharp enough to score a lot against them.

A junior high team could score a lot against them. They have no defense.

No apologies offered. McCarron cried because of the huge release of stress from being down by 3 and under a huge pressure. He won the toughest game of the year, against the best opponent they have played, in one of th emost hostile environs in college football.

Tebow cried because he got his ass whipped.

Still a weeper is a weeper ;)

I would love to see Alabama play Oregon in the BCS National Championship.

Oregon runs the most efficient (and fast) offense in the nation.

This isn’t your typical high-scoring offense, passing the ball a lot like most spread offenses.

The Ducks run it down team’s throats, and Marcus Mariota is showing potential to be legendary.

I would love to see Alabama play Oregon in the BCS National Championship.

Oregon runs the most efficient (and fast) offense in the nation.

This isn’t your typical high-scoring offense, passing the ball a lot like most spread offenses.

The Ducks run it down team’s throats, and Marcus Mariota is showing potential to be legendary.

Um... you do realize that outside of the Puss 12, teams actually HAVE DEFENSES?

Oregon got violated by LSU.
Miami has never recovered from it
It took Norte dame nearly a decade.
So no Oregon beat an unbanked uswuusC

And the Ducks goes down to Stanford!! And Baylor beats K State.

So the winner of the SEC Championship game will probably play for the NC!! Roll Tide!!!

Dawgs play good for a Dixie 1/3. Bama by 20 !
Bama is first repeat champ since neb
Elevating Johnny football to the heisman as we all realize what kind of effort it takes to stop the rising tide!

Back