Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Medical Degree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Juris Doctor

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
seems a few libs on this board are obsessed about education and think people with GED's are stupid simply because they took a GED or they think that just becuase they have a higher degree they're more intelligent...

anonymous poll

one of my favorite topics cause I don't mind making a buck to support my family.

please check earnings levels for various degrees

I'm in college but I don't have a degree. I suppose that's the difference between 'college' and 'graduate'? My education level really only counts as High School, though.

seems a few libs on this board are obsessed about education and think people with GED's are stupid simply because they took a GED or they think that just becuase they have a higher degree they're more intelligent...

anonymous poll

spurt do some reading intelligence generally goes up with education.:cof1:

and what value or point do you intelligently hope to make by bashing those without secondary education? i've seen plenty of idiots with masters or jd's and plenty smart folks with only ged or high school....

simply bashing someone for lack of college or above is senseless and simple minded :)

I have not seen any studies that show that intelligence goes up with post-secondary education.

Also, intelligence is not something you gain at college. You gain an aducation, but not intelligence.

I have not seen any studies that show that intelligence goes up with post-secondary education.

Also, intelligence is not something you gain at college. You gain an aducation, but not intelligence.

Actually, it's been proven that exercising your mind can improve your general intelligence.

ahh

ged's vs phd's

most laypeople consider education and intelligence the same thing
but jackoffs around here split hairs for a living.

and what value or point do you intelligently hope to make by bashing those without secondary education? i've seen plenty of idiots with masters or jd's and plenty smart folks with only ged or high school....

simply bashing someone for lack of college or above is senseless and simple minded :)

becuase I'm laughing in your face for you feeling of inadequancy about not having the right degree.
The bringing up of the 1 in 1,000 is a sign of desparation.

ahh

ged's vs phd's

most laypeople consider education and intelligence the same thing
but jackoffs around here split hairs for a living.

Most people ithout an education might consider education and intelligence to be the same thing. But since I have an education I know that they are not.

And it is not splitting hairs.

Actually, it's been proven that exercising your mind can improve your general intelligence.

Now that is accurate. But someone without an education can exercise their mind. And someone with an education can stop exercising their mind.

There is a difference between education and intelligence.

Now that is accurate. But someone without an education can exercise their mind. And someone with an education can stop exercising their mind.

so to you the phd is no more intelligent than the ged
I'm just saying your full of yourself and shit.:clink:

I can see what you're talking about if the degree was in literature or political science. But to get a science or math degree it's pretty much a requirement that you be very intelligent.

so to you the phd is no more intelligent than the ged
I'm just saying your full of yourself and shit.:clink:

The average PhD is probably more intelligent that the average GED. But is that because they got an education or did they pursue their education because of their intelligence?

Exercising the mind keeps it sharp and makes it more able to think clearly. But education, as far as anything I have read, does not make a person more intelligent. And I do have a bachelors degree.

anonymous poll

Not at all. I was smart long before I went back to school for my doctorate. What further education did was help me focus reasoning, learn how best to research topics and organize my thoughts. It also gave me the opportunity to do what I really want to do. At that point, the networking that is essential to a professional life became an important advantage as well.

I can see what you're talking about if the degree was in literature or political science. But to get a science or math degree it's pretty much a requirement that you be very intelligent.

I'm not sure thats true. But I would ask is the person intelligent because of the education, or did they get an education because they were intelligent?

Not at all. I was smart long before I went back to school for my doctorate. What further education did was help me focus reasoning, learn how best to research topics and organize my thoughts. It also gave me the opportunity to do what I really want to do. At that point, the networking that is essential to a professional life became an important advantage as well.

Very well put. YOu said what I was fumbling around wuth.

Back