ewwwwww - crazy animal rights activists

Okay. They beat a dog to death, supposedly, so I will kill and eat one? That is protest?

Here they would have painted themselves red and lay in the street.

He claimed the dog died of natural causes which is even more disgusting. It was a dog......who knows what it had!?

So one of two things happened: He ate a sick dog or he killed one to prove a point that abusing animals is wrong.

Ugh.....

Anyone who has seen 28 Days Later knows the danger of animal rights protesters.....

LOL! I refer to that a lot when I talk about animal rights protesters! :p

I have to say, the British animal rights activists are pretty fvcking scary. Whenever I would go shopping along Oxford street, there they'd be with their sick videos and pictures. Not kewl after you've just eaten and unaware of the images they are about to show you.

BTW - did you ever see 28 weeks?

Okay. They beat a dog to death, supposedly, so I will kill and eat one? That is protest?

Here they would have painted themselves red and lay in the street.

Yeah, it's the same logic of genocidal nihilists who want to drastically reduce the population to save humanity. Peace through war, survival through death, arbeit macht frei, etc.

Last edited:
I have to say, the British animal rights activists are pretty fvcking scary. Whenever I would go shopping along Oxford street, there they'd be with their sick videos and pictures. Not kewl after you've just eaten and unaware of the images they are about to show you.

Yeah, we get similar in our high street...

BTW - did you ever see 28 weeks?

Yes I have! Great film. Didn't have the impact the first did, for obvious reasons, but still it worked. The opening scene is awesome. The ending leads naturally to the third in the trilogy, where I think Europe and you guys will be getting infected.... lol

Yeah, it's the same logic of genocidal nihilists who want to drastically reduce the population to save humanity.

What nihilists have a plan to commit genocide?

You are misunderstanding what nihilism is. It doesn't state life has no value, dammit!

Yes I have! Great film. Didn't have the impact the first did, for obvious reasons, but still it worked. The opening scene is awesome. The ending leads naturally to the third in the trilogy, where I think Europe and you guys will be getting infected.... lol

The opening scene was the best scene in hte movie. I just thought it had a lot of unnecessary plot holes.

Yeah, it's the same logic of genocidal nihilists who want to drastically reduce the population to save humanity.

You are misunderstanding what nihilism is. It doesn't state life has no value, dammit!

They call it "population control".

Ok. Nihilists believe life has no intrinsic value. Big diff. Happy Pappy?

Lets discuss! What holes?

The obvious I saw was the fact that Robbie Carlisle, when infected, pursued his kids. Not likely...

The timeline with 28 days was a little twisted, it claimed that the infected had starved to death 5 weeks after infection, but from the first we know that there were infected alive 9 weeks after infection (Jim wakes up 28 days later, the film covers 5/6 days and the end is set 28 days after that)..

Apart from that I thought it was bang on. The realism, the darkness was all there. The scenes of empty England, especially the suburban scenes when the kids go see their mum were particularly spooky. And the happy ending of the first, which IMO didn't fit with the tone, is rectified in the second...

People talk about it being anti-American, or a criticism of Iraq, but I don't see that. In reality, if anything like that happened it would be the US that resettled the UK, and they would have secure green zones, and a 'code red' contingency would be in place. The fact that the two heroes, who sacrifice themselves for the kids are American kinda convinces me.

I doubt anyone will class it the best of the trilogy, unless 3 is a stinker, but I think it fills in a lot of the questions brought up by the first and leads naturally to the trilogy...

Population control isn't genocide. Teaching people to use contraceptives to prevent families growing larger than is supportable isn't genocide. Humans are overpopulated in relation to resource distribution, and natural selection (ie predators, disease etc) have been or are in the process of, being eradicated. What's the beef? You prefer the human population to continue exploding until resources become even more scarcer and we have even more wars and violence over them?

Nihilists believe that there is no innate value or meaning to life, but that doesn't mean life shouldn't be valued. There is the big difference. Do you understand it?

Population control isn't genocide. Teaching people to use contraceptives to prevent families growing larger than is supportable isn't genocide. Humans are overpopulated in relation to resource distribution, and natural selection (ie predators, disease etc) have been or are in the process of, being eradicated. What's the beef? You prefer the human population to continue exploding until resources become even more scarcer and we have even more wars and violence over them?

Nihilists believe that there is no innate value or meaning to life, but that doesn't mean life shouldn't be valued. There is the big difference. Do you understand it?
I believe he's talking about groups that believe the extinction of humans is the best path for the Earth and promote it.

It's slow genocide. I Prefer chaos, freedom and life to fear of chaos, totalitarianism, and death. These are my admittedly arbitrary values. what are yours?

I believe he's talking about groups that believe the extinction of humans is the best path for the Earth and promote it.

But that doesn't mean nihilists believe that...

He is confusing nihilism in the same way people confuse the term fascist...

Back