Family dog died

Beefy

Worst gambler ever
I picked up Gypsy when I was 16, she was my best friends dog's daughter, back in December of '91. She was smart, loyal and kick back.

She up and died of a stroke yesterday.

In a way, I wish she was a cat, because then I wouldn't care that she's dead, because cats are stupid.

Awwwww, I'm sorry. I lost my family dog a couple of years ago. I know how bad that sucks.
Are you going to get another one?

Its tough. People without pets don't understand how upset people get. One of the admins lost her dog when it got hit by a car. She was inconsolable (sp?) and the other admin just couldn't understand. They really do become like part of the family.
I did notice that when my dog died the kitchen floor was a lot dirtier.

Bless your Beefy little soul!

Its been a year since I lost my Hanky man, he was the best damn boy dog ever.

I love and morn him till this very day.

Tell us about gypsy ,I would love to know a little bit about this wonderful hairy soul.

It really does help Beefy.

I sympathize with your loss, but am bemused at your posts' turn toward anti-cat propaganda at the end.

Not propaganda, cold hard fact.

Gypsy would delightfully get the paper for my pop every morning. She never needed to be trained other than where not to make a steamy. She spoke english and german, or at least could do about 30 commands in each language. She would use the pool every day in the summer whether or not anyone else would, and she could hold 3 tennis balls in her mouth and bark at the same time. She never had a problem with the gardeners. She never bit anyone or harmed anything, and she was my pop's best friend.

Not propaganda, cold hard fact.

Gypsy would delightfully get the paper for my pop every morning. She never needed to be trained other than where not to make a steamy. She spoke english and german, or at least could do about 30 commands in each language. She would use the pool every day in the summer whether or not anyone else would, and she could hold 3 tennis balls in her mouth and bark at the same time. She never had a problem with the gardeners. She never bit anyone or harmed anything, and she was my pop's best friend.

Gypsy sounds great, and that was wonderful prose. But the issue is: why do you hate cats and why did you make that vicious snipe re: their intelligence?

Gypsy sounds great, and that was wonderful prose. But the issue is: why do you hate cats and why did you make that vicious snipe re: their intelligence?

If speaking the empirical, scientific truth is vicious, then string me up, alongside einstein and darwin.

She's sounds like a great dog. I really want one. I can't wait to get a house so that I can get one.

Labs and golden retrievers are the love babies of the dog world.

They want to please and be loved.

My hank was a Lab mix and he was an 80lb lap dog.

He only lasted 9 years.

It was a great 9 years though.

At least you guys got 16 wonderful years of Gypsy under your belts.

I spent two days with tears streaming down my face when hank died.

It was the weirdest feeling to just be doing my regular stuff and not sobbing or anything but tears would not stop seeping from my eyes.

I would wake up and open my eyes and tears would just start fallling.

They are the best friends a human can have.

They love you so completely and ask for so little in return, food ,a warm place to sleep and a pat on the head.

It's not that I don't like cats, it's that I think of them as more of a decorative furniture than a pet.

Back