Fantasy Football 09

Be kind, I am a newbie!

Good luck all!

There was a game last night and the regular season is underway, but it's not too late to get into the just Plain Fantasy Football game/division!

Just get registered before the first game Sunday morning and you can get in the game!

The website is The Sporting News. Click on the fantasy football link.

Search for the division: Just Plain Fantasy Football

To enter, the password is: libtards

Get in the game and have another reason to feel you're better than others!

Yeah, it was a fun season. Wish there were more people playing and it was a bit different than the first time I played with some of these guys. The Salary cap thing had me monitoring every week for that diamond in the rough. When I played the first time with these guys, I picked up Marques Colston during his rookie year. This time it was more imperative to pick a guy up before he blew up to be a big deal so you could free up cash for other picks. My big picks were Fred Jackson and Miles Austin. F-Jax was totally ignored due to Marshawn Lynch, but he was a returner also, so I saw added value. I also picked him up right when Lynch was hurt and then benched. Miles Austin turned out to be one of the best receivers in the league after the catch, and racked up a ton of points for me. I picked him up the week he broke out a big game, and I had to get him. Once I made those trades, I free'd up cash to pick up consistent point makers at QB (Brett Farve then later Aaron Rodgers, Matt Schuab). The only guy that stuck the whole season through on my team was my cousin... Wes Welker. Of course the hitch in the season was when Ronnie Brown got hurt, I had to make a quick swing to Ricky Williams, and it didn't pose a problem other than it forced me to play guys during their bye week. Anyways, that was my strategy....

Back