Favorite alcoholic drinks

Sun Devil

Death and Taxes
As I've openly admitted (which isn't a good thing nor to brag about) I'm a "connoisseur" of alcoholic beverages but I do have my favorites in the following:

-Bushmills
-Hennessey
-Bicardi 151 (Straight up)
-Long Island Iced Tea
-Vodka (A toss up between Ciroc and New Amsterdam)

What is everyone's favorite party beverage?

Arette Anejo Tequila... on the rocks.

part of my nightly routine... because, in Mexico, every night's a party.

Arette Anejo Tequila... on the rocks.

part of my nightly routine... because, in Mexico, every night's a party.

I forgot you're in Mexico....That's cool Stay safe out there. I'm gonna have to switch up and try the above tequila's then!

Just about any whiskey. Except I'm not a Bourbon fan- too sweet.

I love Irish whiskey. There are several "flavors" of Bushmills, including a single malt. The bargain issue isn't all that bad. Michael Collins is better, IMO.

Old Smuggler is my stand-by. No doubt some asshole will chime in and name some high priced scotch, and say theirs is better. It's rare that I buy a high priced brand. Yeah they are good, but I'm always looking to maximize the quality/ price ratio.

For years I drank gin martinis. I make the best, according to several of my friends. Bombay Saphire when I've got something to celebrate. Gordons or Seagrams otherwise.

I forgot you're in Mexico....That's cool Stay safe out there. I'm gonna have to switch up and try the above tequila's then!

I am in a very very safe place in Mexico... like Vermont sort of safe....

and I hope you can find Arette... it's a little artisanal label... but it is very smooth and peppery. We went to the Tequila museum in the city of Valladolid on a recent excursion around the country and the proprietor complimented me on my choice saying it was "very soft and friendly in the mouth".

Just about any whiskey. Except I'm not a Bourbon fan- too sweet.

I love Irish whiskey. There are several "flavors" of Bushmills, including a single malt. The bargain issue isn't all that bad. Michael Collins is better, IMO.

Old Smuggler is my stand-by. No doubt some asshole will chime in and name some high priced scotch, and say theirs is better. It's rare that I buy a high priced brand. Yeah they are good, but I'm always looking to maximize the quality/ price ratio.

For years I drank gin martinis. I make the best, according to several of my friends. Bombay Saphire when I've got something to celebrate. Gordons or Seagrams otherwise.

Which brand of Irish Whiskey do you recommend?

I am in a very very safe place in Mexico... like Vermont sort of safe....

and I hope you can find Arette... it's a little artisanal label... but it is very smooth and peppery. We went to the Tequila museum in the city of Valladolid on a recent excursion around the country and the proprietor complimented me on my choice saying it was "very soft and friendly in the mouth".

Ah I see. I doubt the local liquor stores or Walgreens would have it here. Should I try BevMo?

I would imagine you can get it through a variety of online liquor stores.... and, fyi... the reposado is damned near as nice as the anejo.

and the arette version is really as smooth a reposado as you'll taste anywhere. It took me about seven months of sampling before I found this and I really think I 'm done looking, unless I go to someone's house some evening and they turn me on to something even better.

Back